ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visiting Switzerland with Schengen Visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sbaner1
Newly Registered

Visiting Switzerland with Schengen Visa

Post by sbaner1 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:40 pm

I live in Germany and have a residence permit (Aufenthalserlaubnis). My wife lives in the US (H1B visa) and has a Schengen visa to visit me in Europe. We are planning to visit Switzerland in January. We would travel from Germany to Switzerland by train.

I searched the web and it seems I can travel to Switzerland with my German residence permit. Also, Switzerland implemented Schengen rules for land borders on 12/12. So, I assume my wife can also visit Switzerland with her Schengen visa. However, she obtained the visa from the German consulate in Chicago in November, before the Schengen rules were implemented by Switzerland. I wanted to make sure if we can travel to Switzerland with our present status. I would highly appreciate any input.

MAKUSA
BANNED

no problem

Post by MAKUSA » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:55 pm

Yes you can and she can as well, no problem.
Your German residency allows you travel for upto three months to any Schenghen country and so does your GF's visa

sbaner1
Newly Registered

Post by sbaner1 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:00 pm

Thanks for the information! I can now go ahead and make travel plans. :D