ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application for My Wife and kids

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sajnan
Pakistan

ILR Application for My Wife and kids

Post by sajnan » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:40 am

Hi
My wife and 4 kids came to UK on 3 April 2019 on spouse visa. I have few questions your help will be really appreciated.
1. When we can apply for ILR? After 7th of March or 3rd of April?
2. 2 of my kids are over 18 now. They both are unmarried currently studying full time in university and college. Still living with us. They both are working 18 hours and 15 hours respectively in NHS. My question is whether we have to apply for all 5 on the same application for ILR? Is there any need to attached their wage slips and employment letter for them . I meet the financial requirements myself. My wage is more than the financial threshold. Any help will be appreciated

Thanks in advance

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Application for My Wife and kids

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:13 pm

sajnan wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:40 am
Hi
My wife and 4 kids came to UK on 3 April 2019 on spouse visa. I have few questions your help will be really appreciated.
1. When we can apply for ILR? After 7th of March or 3rd of April? 28days before completing 5years in UK counted from date of initial entry.

2. 2 of my kids are over 18 now. They both are unmarried currently studying full time in university and college. Still living with us. They both are working 18 hours and 15 hours respectively in NHS. My question is whether we have to apply for all 5 on the same application for ILR? Is there any need to attached their wage slips and employment letter for them . I meet the financial requirements myself. My wage is more than the financial threshold. Any help will be appreciated
If you meet the requirements no need to include theirs and sjoe that though over 18yrs but not leading an independent life.

Thanks in advance

sajnan
Pakistan

Post by sajnan » Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:38 pm

Thank you so much. Another quick question. In ILR form is there a part where I have to put there job details?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:29 pm

sajnan wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:38 pm
Thank you so much. Another quick question. In ILR form is there a part where I have to put there job details?
You do NOT need to enter their job details if you do NOT want to claim any points for their income. ONLY provide information that is needed to qualify.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

sajnan
Pakistan

Post by sajnan » Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:12 am

Thank you very much for your reply. Any other question for my wife and 4 kids we put their details on the same form when we applied for extension in 2019 now for ILR we have to do the same or we have to submit different application forms for over 18. If over 18 applications are separate then how we will link the applications with my wife who is the main applicant

Thanks in advance

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:05 pm

They can be included in the same form
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

sajnan
Pakistan

Post by sajnan » Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:12 pm

Thank u so much. As always very helpful

sajnan
Pakistan

Post by sajnan » Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:35 pm

Thank you very much for the reply
I have few more questions regarding information on the Set M form
1. How I can include the information about Life in UK test and B1 English test for my over Children as there was no option in the form.
2. The form miscalculated the financial requirements in my opinion I needs £29600 for my wife and 4 kids. But the form has calculated £24600. My wage is well above the threshold.
3. When scanning the passports I have to scan all the pages of the current passport or all the pages of expired one as well.

Thanks in advance
Regards

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:00 pm

1. Upload any document later. You may add this extra information at the end of the form
2. The calculations on the form may not be accurate but those calculations are not very important. Caseworkers know what to do so do not worry
3. All passports covering the last 5 years, only the biometric and stamp pages

sajnan
Pakistan

Post by sajnan » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:22 am

My wife is doing some courses from a local college. We requested the college for a letter to confirm her enrolment and they gave us the letter. Which confirms our adddress and courses she is currently doing.
This college is a public funded college. For one of the courses we applied to student finance for fee and she got the student finance approved and she is doing that course for the rest of the courses mainly they are part time courses like level 1 functional skills for English we haven’t paid anything. One of the courses title says “non regulated adult skills formula funded provision”.
My question is if we will attach this letter from college whether it will have an impact on her ILR application as her current visa says no recourse to public funds

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:28 am

Learn what public funds mean with respect to immigration rules: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... blic-funds

sajnan
Pakistan

Post by sajnan » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:48 am

Thank you very much for your quick reply that means no problem in attaching the college letter as a cohabitation document . Another small question when does home office start looking at the application after biometrics or before biometric information is recorded.
Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:08 am

sajnan wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:48 am
Thank you very much for your quick reply that means no problem in attaching the college letter as a cohabitation document . Another small question when does home office start looking at the application after biometrics or before biometric information is recorded.
Thanks
Your application will only be looked at after your biometrics

sajnan
Pakistan

Post by sajnan » Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:28 pm

Thank you very much. Another clarification although she is doing 3 part time courses but as the accumulative hours per week are more than 16 so on the letter it says she is full time student. Will this has any issue , if this is the case I can drop this document as I have few other letters for cohabitation

Please advise

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:35 pm

sajnan wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:28 pm
Thank you very much. Another clarification although she is doing 3 part time courses but as the accumulative hours per week are more than 16 so on the letter it says she is full time student. Will this has any issue , if this is the case I can drop this document as I have few other letters for cohabitation

Please advise
I do not think this is an issue