ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - confirmation of employment letter date

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jasklemon
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Travelling whilst awaiting ILR

Post by Jasklemon » Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:12 am

Hey all,
Im hopeful I can get some viable advice.
We did the ILR application for my husband 23rd Nov 23 and biometrics 15th Dec. Until now we’ve heard nothing. We have an urgent need to travel so I had a few questions. His previous 2.5 years BRP expired Jan 24.

Is the only real option to cancel the current application and reapply with super priority? If so, what’s the current availability of appointments?

If we travel anyways and he returns to his home country, can we make another ILR application considering that he now won’t have a valid current visa for the UK as his last BRP expired in Jan?

Are there any other options?

vinny

Re: Travelling whilst awaiting ILR

Post by vinny » Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:42 am

Unfortunately, cannot apply for ILR from outside the UK.
If travelling outside the CTA, then 34K treats a pending non-EUSS application as withdrawn.

Don’t cancel. See also “Upgrading” a visa application you have already made and Emergency travel for family's medical emergency whilst ILR application decision is pending
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Jasklemon
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Jasklemon » Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:17 am

vinny wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:42 am
Unfortunately, cannot apply for ILR from outside the UK.
If travelling outside the CTA, then 34K treats a pending non-EUSS application as withdrawn.

Don’t cancel. See also “Upgrading” a visa application you have already made and Emergency travel for family's medical emergency whilst ILR application decision is pending

Thanks Vinny. so for variation do I essentially just submit another application of SET M?

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:19 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Jasklemon
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Jasklemon » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:25 pm

vinny wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:19 am
Yes.
Thanks Vinny, do you have experience of someone doing this and what the process would be.

Jasklemon
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Jasklemon » Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:55 pm

So we’ve reapplied with super priority but sadly we’ve not been able to book a biometric appointment until next Sunday. Honestly the UK visa system is a joke but that’s a rant for another time.

In terms of documentation I’ve uploaded:
- marriage certificate
- current and old passport of applicant
- most recent BRP (which expired Jan 24)
- current passport for me (spouse and also homeowner)
- land registry and annual mortgage statement
- 10 letters split evenly over the last 2.5 years (2 in joint names and then 4 each in just single names)
- contract for work
- 6 months payslip and corresponding statements showing the money going into my account
- P60
- A cover letter confirming that this is a variation of our existing application as we have an urgent need for travel and so application was made prior to BRP expiry
- letter from employer confirming employment details as mandated (I.e. length of employment, current role, salary etc)
- signed spouse declaration
- letter signed by me confirming my partner can reside in our house (requested as part of document upload)

Have I missed anything. Previously I submitted 100+ documents whereas this time it’s only 39. I think that might be why it’s taken so long as I did submit all council tax statements, water bills, gas and electric etc. I’m worried now I may go too much the other way and miss something.

Jasklemon
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Jasklemon » Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:22 pm

I also called the helpline and was informed that the old application isn’t cancelled until the biometrics for the new applications are submitted. Is this correct from anyone’s experience or knowledge?

Thanks in advance. It’s such a stressful time!

Jasklemon
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR - confirmation of employment letter date

Post by Jasklemon » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:03 pm

Hello.
For Set M applications, confirmation of employment letter is required. We submitted our application online and the letter is dated 1 day after this.

I’ve read historic posts which state that the date on this needs to be on or within 28 days prior to the application. Will it be an issue that the letter is dated after we submitted our online application? The document checklist generates after you submit and pay for your application online so id have thought that so long as it’s dated and uploaded prior to biometrics it wouldn’t be an issue?

Thanks in advance.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR - confirmation of employment letter date

Post by zimba » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:29 am

This may not pose an issue for you
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Jasklemon
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Jasklemon » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:49 pm

Thanks Zimba.
Another question (sorry - we really need the super priority visa to come through so trying to foresee any potential issues):
What kind of issues have been known to make a case ‘complex’ which results in the email that some people receive?
Also are the list of documents sufficient as posted previously?

Thank you.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:34 am

Jasklemon wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:49 pm
Thanks Zimba.
Another question (sorry - we really need the super priority visa to come through so trying to foresee any potential issues):
What kind of issues have been known to make a case ‘complex’ which results in the email that some people receive?
Also are the list of documents sufficient as posted previously?

Thank you.
This cannot be predicted as each case is unique. This is up to UKVI. Your document list is more than enough. Sending extra documents will not make things easier
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Jasklemon
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Jasklemon » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:34 pm

Thank you Zimba. Much appreciated.