ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employment while waiting for Stamp 4 renewal

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

impatient_sunflower
Newly Registered
United States of America

Employment while waiting for Stamp 4 renewal

Post by impatient_sunflower » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:08 am

Hello all, like so many others I am caught up in the backlog for renewal appointments outside of Dublin. Does anyone have experience in getting permission to continue working during the wait time? I was quoted 18 weeks wait, and now my IRP card has expired. I am on a Stamp 4 and am also waiting for my citizenship to be approved (application sent Aug2022).

Thanks in advance for any help or commiseration!

Yk_Krsh
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Re: Employment while waiting for Stamp 4 renewal

Post by Yk_Krsh » Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:08 am

When I was in similar situation, I just explained this to my employer and they let me work with them while sill waiting for an IRP. Irish employers are pretty relaxed in that sense if you have some proof

meself2
Ireland

Re: Employment while waiting for Stamp 4 renewal

Post by meself2 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:20 pm

Don't think they'll give you anything specific to you - look for automatic extensions published by DoJ, as that's how they usually handle it.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.