ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship application takes over 4 years...

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bibivaly
Romania

Re: Citizenship application takes over 4 years...

Post by Bibivaly » Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:37 am

Thanks fo the reply The last email from the complaint team says that I can ask for a review and given me the review email to write to them , I had done that but no response from them , what can I do if I won’t receive any response from the review team ? 😩

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:19 pm

Bibivaly wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:37 am
Thanks fo the reply The last email from the complaint team says that I can ask for a review and given me the review email to write to them , I had done that but no response from them , what can I do if I won’t receive any response from the review team ? 😩
Send a reminder to them of the earlier one.

Bibivaly
Romania

Post by Bibivaly » Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:31 pm

Thanks
I have done that already:(

Bibivaly
Romania

Post by Bibivaly » Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:32 pm

I’m thinking to write them a letter and send it by post, as that was the second option in the email from complain team

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:45 pm

However you choose to do it you need a response from them before escalating to the IEC according to their procedure.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Bibivaly
Romania

Post by Bibivaly » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:11 am

jais2015 wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:49 pm
contorted_svy wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:33 pm
jais2015 wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:30 pm
MuhammadM86 wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:47 pm
Wow 4 years this is long time!!! What was it that you did to push the HO for decision? Or did they just give the decision eventually?
Yes, this is. HO advised me to make a complaint to IEC (Independent Examiner of Complaints) if I am not happy with the final response. I made a complaint to IEO in November 2023 and also applied for SAR. I am not sure if those actions pushed Home Office to make the decision.
Could you share how you made the complaint to IEC? It could help other forum members in similar situations.
I made several complaints to the Home Office and got standard responses. Then I send an email to review my complaints to complaintsreview@homeoffice.gov.uk. I got the final response from complaint review and was asked to complain to IEC if I am not happy with their internal complaint team’s response. Then I complained to IEC
IEC@homeoffice.gov.uk. IEC will only take the case if final response is received from home office complaint team.

I’ve send an email and post a letter to the review team as well, can I ask how long it took for you to receive a reply from the review team ?
Also did you receive any automatic email to let you know that they have received your email? I haven’t received anything and it’s been a week

Bibivaly
Romania

Post by Bibivaly » Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:18 pm

jais2015 wrote:
contorted_svy wrote:
jais2015 wrote:
MuhammadM86 wrote:
Wow 4 years this is long time!!! What was it that you did to push the HO for decision? Or did they just give the decision eventually?
Yes, this is. HO advised me to make a complaint to IEC (Independent Examiner of Complaints) if I am not happy with the final response. I made a complaint to IEO in November 2023 and also applied for SAR. I am not sure if those actions pushed Home Office to make the decision.
Could you share how you made the complaint to IEC? It could help other forum members in similar situations.
I made several complaints to the Home Office and got standard responses. Then I send an email to review my complaints to complaintsreview@homeoffice.gov.uk. I got the final response from complaint review and was asked to complain to IEC if I am not happy with their internal complaint team’s response. Then I complained to IEC
IEC@homeoffice.gov.uk. IEC will only take the case if final response is received from home office complaint team.
Can you please tell me how did you approach the review team ? as I can get a reply from them
I’ve emailed them twice and included a copy of the response from HO complaint team
I’ve also post them a letter by post , but nothing seems to work it’s been more then a month now since I’ve asked for the review:(

Bibivaly
Romania

Post by Bibivaly » Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:19 pm

Bibivaly wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:18 pm
jais2015 wrote:
contorted_svy wrote:
jais2015 wrote:
MuhammadM86 wrote:
Can you please tell me how did you approach the review team ? as I can’t get a reply from them
I’ve emailed them twice and included a copy of the response from HO complaint team
I’ve also post them a letter by post , but nothing seems to work it’s been more then a month now since I’ve asked for the review:(