ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit Visa Query

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sham321
Ireland

Visit Visa Query

Post by Sham321 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:51 am

Hi All,

I am living and working in Ireland since 2005. I have received Irish citizenship last year. I am married and my wife and kids lived with me from 2017 to 2018 in Ireland however due to family commitments, my wife and kids had to go back home country. My wife came on dependent visa, but she got stamp 4 on the birth of my son in Ireland in 2018. My son is Irish citizen by birth.

Now I have applied for visit visa for my wife and kids so they can spend summer holiday in Ireland. I am waiting for decision.

I also wish to bring my mother for a visit visa in summer so my question is, should I mention in my mother’s cover letter that my wife and kids are also coming or should I not mention about my wife/kids. I have below fears:
• If I mention that I have applied for my wife/kids, in my mother’s cover letter – The visa officer might think that I am trying to bring all my family and they will not go back.
• If I don’t mention about my wife/kids in my mother’s cover letter – The visa officer might find out himself that I have also applied for my wife/kids and I am trying to hide information.

Can someone please advise what is the best approach I should take when applying for my mother visit visa, should I mention that I have also applied for my wife/kids or don’t mention this at all?

Please note that all my family will defo go back before the expiry of their visa.
Thanks for your assistance.

Sham321
Ireland

Re: Visit Visa Query

Post by Sham321 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:22 pm

Hi All,

Can someone please advise? Sorry if I am not clear in my query but please let me know if you need more info to advise?

Thanks

User20123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by User20123 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:52 am

Sham321 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:51 am
Hi All,

I am living and working in Ireland since 2005. I have received Irish citizenship last year. I am married and my wife and kids lived with me from 2017 to 2018 in Ireland however due to family commitments, my wife and kids had to go back home country. My wife came on dependent visa, but she got stamp 4 on the birth of my son in Ireland in 2018. My son is Irish citizen by birth.

Now I have applied for visit visa for my wife and kids so they can spend summer holiday in Ireland. I am waiting for decision.

I also wish to bring my mother for a visit visa in summer so my question is, should I mention in my mother’s cover letter that my wife and kids are also coming or should I not mention about my wife/kids. I have below fears:
• If I mention that I have applied for my wife/kids, in my mother’s cover letter – The visa officer might think that I am trying to bring all my family and they will not go back.
• If I don’t mention about my wife/kids in my mother’s cover letter – The visa officer might find out himself that I have also applied for my wife/kids and I am trying to hide information.

Can someone please advise what is the best approach I should take when applying for my mother visit visa, should I mention that I have also applied for my wife/kids or don’t mention this at all?

Please note that all my family will defo go back before the expiry of their visa.
Thanks for your assistance.
Hello, you do not need to disclose the fact that you have applied for your wife and children's visas in your mother's application. Applications are handled individually, and there is no section in the form where you can explain this specific scenario.

With an immigration office checking to see if you have two applications from different family members, neither I nor anyone else on this forum can advise. We don't know how they cross-check an individual's information if they have applied for multiple visas within the same family.

If you are earning well and can support your spouse, children, and family on a visit visa, there is no reason for an immigration officer to deny either applicant. If your finances are deemed insufficient to bring someone over from another country, immigration will make a decision on whether or not to grant a visa. If the applicants have provided full disclosure about how they intend to support themselves in Ireland for three months, this scenario should not be a concern.

I believe you have a good chance of getting both visas approved if your financial situation is clearly addressed, and since you are an Irish citizen, I do not believe this should be an issue.

Good luck mate. :)

User20123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by User20123 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:54 am

One thing I can think of that you could do is apply for your mother before you apply for your spouse and children, because you will almost certainly be granted a visa for your spouse and children, and so should your mother. This eliminates the ambiguity associated with submitting multiple applications.

Sham321
Ireland

Post by Sham321 » Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:31 pm

Many thanks @User20123.

Really appreciate your response. Actually I have already applied for my wife/kid and now will be applying my mother. I agree with you that it should have been better if I have applied for my mother first. Anyway I will apply for my mother now and in the cover letter, I wont mention that I have applied for my wife/kid already.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond on my query.

User20123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by User20123 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:10 am

Sham321 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:31 pm
Many thanks @User20123.

Really appreciate your response. Actually I have already applied for my wife/kid and now will be applying my mother. I agree with you that it should have been better if I have applied for my mother first. Anyway I will apply for my mother now and in the cover letter, I wont mention that I have applied for my wife/kid already.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond on my query.

No worries. Good luck. :)