ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Assistance Needed Regarding ILR Visa Status and Safety Concerns

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AnonymousSS
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Urgent Assistance Needed Regarding ILR Visa Status and Safety Concerns

Post by AnonymousSS » Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:56 am

Dear Sir/Madam,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek urgent assistance regarding my ongoing ILR visa application and concerning safety issues within my current living situation.

I applied for my Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) visa in the UK on 23 July 2021, and despite the passage of time, the decision on my application remains pending. I arrived in the UK on 20 December 2018 under a type D standard child application visa, which granted me dependent status. The basis of my ILR application is my eligibility as a dependent of a single father who has had settled status in the UK at that time. Currently he is a British Citizen.

Recently, I was requested to attend a biometric appointment for the second time to recapture my biometrics, which I duly completed on 22 February 2024.

Regrettably, my brother, who entered the UK with me under the same visa category and on the same day, faced a rejection of his ILR application on 21 June 2022. The refusal cited concerns related to his family circumstances and his dependency on our father, as outlined in Paragraph 298 (i) of the immigration rules. Despite our consistent living arrangements with our father, the Home Office concluded that his ties to our home country and his mother's absence from the UK did not warrant his indefinite leave to remain.

My brother has applied for FLR (further leave to remain) which is a family member visa application on 19 June 2023 and he has had his biometrics done within a week.

Presently, I am faced with dire circumstances at home. My father has displayed controlling behavior, restricting our ability to work and resorting to threats of physical and mental harm. Additionally, he has confiscated our personal documents, including passports and BRPs, further exacerbating our vulnerability.

Considering the escalating situation, I am contemplating leaving my father's residence. However, I am concerned about the potential effect on our visa applications. Can my father, upon learning of our departure from home and potential complaints filed against him to the police, influence the status of our pending applications with the Home Office?

It is important to note that our dependency on our father is no longer applicable, given the expiration of our previous visa leave to remain and my ILR applicaiton is pending decision and is with the Home Ofice and my brother's subsequent applications for further leave to remain. Our safety and well-being are paramount, and I seek guidance on navigating this delicate situation while safeguarding our visa status.

Please advise both of us separately.

I appreciate your prompt attention to this matter and any assistance or advice you can provide to ensure our safety and the progress of our visa applications.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Warm regards,
AnonymousSS

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Urgent Assistance Needed Regarding ILR Visa Status and Safety Concerns

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:17 pm

Given the background to your circumstances I believe this post should be moved to your previous posts for context.

There is little that has changed from the previous posts that I can see.
Until such time as your immigration status is resolved then nothing is going to change.
As for the personal circumstances with the father / step father that is outside the scope of immigration.
You have to take all possible steps through whatever means to protect yourself and distance yourself from harm.

AnonymousSS
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Urgent Assistance Needed Regarding ILR Visa Status and Safety Concerns

Post by AnonymousSS » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:28 am

Thank you for your reply! I am the stepson of this account holder and she is giving me this account to get help too.

I have a question regarding this matter. You mentioned that I have the right to protect myself but I am confused that whom should I contact? should I contact police or would you recommend me some other department to contact for my help financially and physically as well.