ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Statement of changes in immigration rules (Long residence)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

UK_YLW
Newly Registered
China

Statement of changes in immigration rules (Long residence)

Post by UK_YLW » Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:02 pm

Hi All

My current PSW visa expires on 13/04/2024, and I am eligible to apply for ILR 10 on 01/08/2024. I have around four months left before I can apply for ILR, and my solicitor suggested that I apply for the Private Life visa before my current visa expires and then vary it into ILR once it reaches 10 years.

However, due to recent changes in immigration rules, applicants must have had permission on their current immigration route for at least 12 months on the date of application.

Therefore, if the Private Life visa application is rejected, I am unsure whether this rule will impact my ILR 10 application in August.

I believe that awaiting a new application simply extends your previous stay, and my immigration route remains unchanged as PSW?

Could you kindly advise me on this matter? Thank you very much.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Statement of changes in immigration rules (Long residence)

Post by zimba » Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:22 am

The rule changes are intended to prevent these kinds of attempts. You would be better off applying for a new extension under your own route and then vary that to the long residence
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Carrie9608
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Carrie9608 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:24 am

UK_YLW wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:02 pm
Hi All

My current PSW visa expires on 13/04/2024, and I am eligible to apply for ILR 10 on 01/08/2024. I have around four months left before I can apply for ILR, and my solicitor suggested that I apply for the Private Life visa before my current visa expires and then vary it into ILR once it reaches 10 years.

However, due to recent changes in immigration rules, applicants must have had permission on their current immigration route for at least 12 months on the date of application.

Therefore, if the Private Life visa application is rejected, I am unsure whether this rule will impact my ILR 10 application in August.

I believe that awaiting a new application simply extends your previous stay, and my immigration route remains unchanged as PSW?

--------------

Try submit your visa application on 13th April, then delay giving bio information for as long as you could. The standard time set for giving bio is 45 days. but you could drag longer, like for another 40 days is tested fine... for applying outside of the UK, the biometric submit deadline is 180 days if i remember it correctly.

UK_YLW
Newly Registered
China

Post by UK_YLW » Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:51 pm

zimba wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:22 am
The rule changes are intended to prevent these kinds of attempts. You would be better off applying for a new extension under your own route and then vary that to the long residence
Hi Zimba

Thanks for your reply.

If I vary the private life application to ILR10 before the decision being made in August, do you think the ilr10 can still be granted?

Thanks for your help in advance.

UK_YLW
Newly Registered
China

Post by UK_YLW » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:00 pm

Carrie9608 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:24 am
UK_YLW wrote:
Hi All

--------------

Try submit your visa application on 13th April, then delay giving bio information for as long as you could. The standard time set for giving bio is 45 days. but you could drag longer, like for another 40 days is tested fine... for applying outside of the UK, the biometric submit deadline is 180 days if i remember it correctly.
Hi Carrie

Thanks! Do you need a specific reason to defer the Biometric appointment?

Carrie9608
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Carrie9608 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:35 am

UK_YLW wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:00 pm
Carrie9608 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:24 am
UK_YLW wrote:
Hi All

--------------

Hi Carrie

Thanks! Do you need a specific reason to defer the Biometric appointment?
-----------------
What would happen is, after you submitted your application online, you will be directed to a "what to do next" information page, on that page, it set out the so called "deadline", which is 45 days after your online application date. it says you will need to book an appointment within this period.

HOWEVER, following to that sentence it says " we will send you a reminding message if you failed to make to that date". Which indicates you will be ok if you missed that date.

Approximately 1 or 2 days after the deadline you will receive an email from UKVI, urge you to book an appointment, tells you if fail to do so you will need to give explanations why you missed it...blabla... in the end of the email it says, if you have already booked an appointment, please ignore this email.

So my suggestion is, book an appointment after you received this reminding email. or one day before your deadline arrives, so you could comfortably ignore the reminding email, but try choose the furtherest slot you can get. As in the reminding email it doesn't give a deadline says when is the appointment has to be.

I don't know if there is a second reminding email to come and when it will come if you don't book an appointment immediately after the first reminding email. You will need to calculate and plan this smartly. Good Luck.