ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Prior Sponsorship and Visit Visa for Marriage

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

WCE123
Newly Registered

Prior Sponsorship and Visit Visa for Marriage

Post by WCE123 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:04 pm

Hi Everyone,
18 months ago I rather stupidly and naively sponsored my ex girlfriend to come on a visit visa for marriage which at the time I thought was a great idea as we were in love and I thought she was the one. How things change. We never got married and she left and the end of October 2007, (2 weeks before the expiration of her visa).

I have now become romantically attached to another girl who has just applied for her student visa to come here. I have sponsored her both with accomodation and subsistence. Could anyone please tell me if prior sponsorship is a negative thing on the application?

We did declare it on the application, does an ECO even look into the exact details of the sponsorship?

Thanks