ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa extension B1 test

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AGM23
United Kingdom

Spouse visa extension B1 test

Post by AGM23 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:20 pm

Hi all,

Appreciate if someone can help?

My wife’s spouse visa extention is due in a few months, We just want to make sure we do the test which will hopefully be valid for ILR as well, i understand she can do B1 test as opposed to A2 just to be future proof?

If so is there specific B1 that need to be done for extention and ILR? I have seen on college website it gives options such as B1 for ILR, B1 for skilled worker, naturalisation etc? so i am confused?

Can someone please shed some light and put us in the right direction?

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa extension B1 test

Post by Ticktack » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:21 am

AGM23 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:20 pm
Hi all,

My wife’s spouse visa extention is due in a few months, We just want to make sure we do the test which will hopefully be valid for ILR as well, i understand she can do B1 test as opposed to A2 just to be future proof?

If so is there specific B1 that need to be done for extention and ILR? I have seen on college website it gives options such as B1 for ILR, B1 for skilled worker, naturalisation etc? so i am confused?

This is what she needs to do, B1 English test (GESE Grade 5) | SELT
https://www.trinitycollege.com/qualific ... SE-grade-5
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

AGM23
United Kingdom

Post by AGM23 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:06 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:21 am
AGM23 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:20 pm
Hi all,

This is what she needs to do, B1 English test (GESE Grade 5) | SELT
https://www.trinitycollege.com/qualific ... SE-grade-5
Thank you ticktack, much appreciated

AGM23
United Kingdom

Post by AGM23 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:22 pm

Also couple of quick questions.

I beleive B1 is valid for only 2 years so would she need to do another test before applying for ILR?

My wife will be going on Holiday to pakistan for few weeks in July, can she do the B1 test in pakistan? and will that be acceptable?

Thanks

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:23 pm

AGM23 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:22 pm

I beleive B1 is valid for only 2 years so would she need to do another test before applying for ILR? It can be reused for ILR if it has been successfully used for a previous application.

My wife will be going on Holiday to pakistan for few weeks in July, can she do the B1 test in pakistan? and will that be acceptable? Not sure it would be. I personally wouldn't risk it. If it's that important to you guys, you have 3-4 months before July to do it. Why wait till you go to Pakistan? Don't you think the HO would smell a rat?? But like i said, I don't know.

Thanks
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

AGM23
United Kingdom

Post by AGM23 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:34 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:23 pm
AGM23 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:22 pm

I beleive B1 is valid for only 2 years so would she need to do another test before applying for ILR? It can be reused for ILR if it has been successfully used for a previous application.

My wife will be going on Holiday to pakistan for few weeks in July, can she do the B1 test in pakistan? and will that be acceptable? Not sure it would be. I personally wouldn't risk it. If it's that important to you guys, you have 3-4 months before July to do it. Why wait till you go to Pakistan? Don't you think the HO would smell a rat?? But like i said, I don't know.

Thanks

Thanks Ticktack, Just wanted to be sure about same B1 test.

I fully agree, no reason to do the test in Pakistan as she can and should be able to do it here, Thank you again for your valuable input