ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRC Vs BRP

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jimmybones100

BRC Vs BRP

Post by Jimmybones100 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:17 pm

Hello everyone,
Need some help if you can.
Applied to renew my BRC in February but got an email that I applied for a BRP instead but was surprised about that cause I have had 2 BRCs before,so I know the difference.Applied for another BRC 5 days ago and it's showing that I have applied for a BRP.
I applied for another one tonight and it still says I have applied for a BRP.
Anyone had this kind of problem or it's only me?
Thanks in advance.

BestPie
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: BRC Vs BRP

Post by BestPie » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:56 pm

Is your current one expiring or expired?

And what option do you choose:
1: To upgrade your BRC issued under the EEA regulations to a BRC issued under the EU Settlement Scheme

2: To change from a pre-settled to a settled BRC issued under the EU Settlement Scheme.

Jimmybones100

Post by Jimmybones100 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:42 pm

My current one has expired.
Am getting only 2 options,and it's none of the ones you have suggested.
Update,replace or transfer Biometric Residence Permit RC and replacement BRC but it just still says my application is BRP RC,despite clicking on the right link.

BestPie
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by BestPie » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:02 am

Im also in the process of applying for a replacement brc. My current one is still valid for few months. I think im using the same link youre referring to.
I might be wrong but from what ive found online the new card is gonna be brp not brc, not sure though.