ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship application 9 months -still waiting

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bibivaly
Romania

Citizenship application 9 months -still waiting

Post by Bibivaly » Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:47 pm

Hi guys, can I have some advice please

I've submitted my application at the beginning of July so almost 9 months now and still waiting
I've done the following with no success:
I've called them twice only to receive general information ( do not call it's a waste of time, they won't even take your reference number through the phone)
I've emailed them many time to different email addresses that
've found on this forum 've received only one reply with standard response that my application is still in process due to ongoing enquiries and check)
I've contacted MP to ask for updates only to receive the same response, ( MP contacted HO twice, twice she received the same standard response)
I’ve emailed the Home Secretary
I’ve emailed the minister for migration
I've requested and received my SAR file ( nothing interesting in the comments sections)
I've made two complaints to HO on gov website I had to chase a response by emailing the complaint HO team (received the same standard response as previous)
I have asked for a review of my complaint, the problem is that the review team never responded to me ( I’ve send reminders and post a letter directly to them with no reply)

Without this review i understood that I can’t complain to IEC ( independent examiner of complaints)

I’ve also wanted to ask my MP to refer my case to parliamentary and health service ombudsman but some members here advise me that the ombudsman won’t take my case without going through IEC first

Any suggestions will be appreciated, what else can I do ?

Maybe a PAP ( pre action protocol letter) and judicial review? ( but this will cost money as I need to go through a solicitor/ lawyer)

Very stressful

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: Citizenship application 9 months -still waiting

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:54 pm

I compiled a guide for this situation british-citizenship/6-months-plus-waiti ... 43483.html

It seems you have followed all the steps you can take for now. You need to obtain a review of your complaint before you can move on to the next step, to my knowledge.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Bibivaly
Romania

Post by Bibivaly » Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:57 pm

The problem is that the review team won’t answer at all , is like they know once I’ll receive that review I’ll take it to IEC etc , so they don’t want to give it ;((

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:39 am

Without the answer you can't move to the following stage. You could ask your MP to chase, unfortunately there is little else that applicants can do.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Bibivaly
Romania

Post by Bibivaly » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:11 pm

My MP just informed me that she’s on the case and she is chasing this review request on my behalf 🙏
Hopefully they won’t ignore her as well

Thanks a lot

kievlenka
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by kievlenka » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:35 pm

Hi
I am the same near enough
Applied in beginning of October and just last week received and email to say it would take longer than 6 months

Previously I emailed further nationalities enquiry email twice and received reply a couple of weeks ago (before 6 months email) that my application had “IT issue”

So two different emails with different reasons !

What was yours ? And when did you start complaining and taking things further ?

So far I have only applied for SAR and emailed further nationality with screenshot of confirmation my biometrics had been sent by the Sopra ?

drshashi
United Kingdom

Post by drshashi » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:28 pm

kievlenka wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:35 pm
Hi
Applied in beginning of October and just last week received and email to say it would take longer than 6 months

Previously I emailed further nationalities enquiry email twice and received reply a couple of weeks ago (before 6 months email) that my application had “IT issue”

So far I have only applied for SAR and emailed further nationality with screenshot of confirmation my biometrics had been sent by the Sopra ?

I am in the same boat as you. I also applied in October 2023, for what i thought was a straightforward application. Can you please explain what information do you request in SAR. Do you ask for any specific detailed information?

Thanks

kievlenka
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by kievlenka » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:45 pm

drshashi wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:28 pm
kievlenka wrote:
Hi

I am in the same boat as you. I also applied in October 2023, for what i thought was a straightforward application. Can you please explain what information do you request in SAR. Do you ask for any specific detailed information?

Thanks
I just put in the description box that I want to know any other information held by HO, particularly around my application for citizenship

I haven’t got it back yet though , the only email I had was about providing them my old passport that would cover 5 years immigration history , I replied to that email to say it’s other information I was more interested in but had no reply from them since !

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:03 pm

You can follow the steps on this guide to follow up applications that take longer than six months british-citizenship/6-months-plus-waiti ... 43483.html

Bibivaly
Romania

Post by Bibivaly » Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:04 am

kievlenka wrote:
Hi

From my knowledge the SAR request won’t push HO to give you a decision on your application, but it will show in the comments sections if and where your application is stuck, in my file there is nothing regarding this … ( you should request the maximum detailed SAR just to give you more information)

You can follow the steps I’ve done so far to chase my application, but if it hasn’t been at least 6 months since submission day don’t do it yet, at the moment I’m chasing my complaint review to be able to move to the next stage ( complaining to IEC )

kievlenka
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by kievlenka » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:27 pm

I have got an email from nationality biometrics today to say they fixed the issue where my biometrics didn’t get integrated with my application stating the 6 months countdown starts from here :(

Meaning my clock has reset again to 6 months :(

Will have to wait until October now before going further by the sounds of it !

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:52 pm

Well at least they retrieved your biometrics - I hope you don't have to wait the full 6 months.

drshashi
United Kingdom

Post by drshashi » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:52 pm

kievlenka wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:27 pm
I have got an email from nationality biometrics today to say they fixed the issue where my biometrics didn’t get integrated with my application stating the 6 months countdown starts from here :(

Meaning my clock has reset again to 6 months :(

Will have to wait until October now before going further by the sounds of it !
Thats just ridiculous and plain lazy. I can't believe this response.

Bibivaly
Romania

Post by Bibivaly » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:45 pm

Bibivaly wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:47 pm
Hi guys, can I have some advice please

I've submitted my application at the beginning of July so almost 9 months now and still waiting
I've done the following with no success:
I've called them twice only to receive general information ( do not call it's a waste of time, they won't even take your reference number through the phone)
I've emailed them many time to different email addresses that
've found on this forum 've received only one reply with standard response that my application is still in process due to ongoing enquiries and check)
I've contacted MP to ask for updates only to receive the same response, ( MP contacted HO twice, twice she received the same standard response)
I’ve emailed the Home Secretary
I’ve emailed the minister for migration
I've requested and received my SAR file ( nothing interesting in the comments sections)
I've made two complaints to HO on gov website I had to chase a response by emailing the complaint HO team (received the same standard response as previous)
I have asked for a review of my complaint, the problem is that the review team never responded to me ( I’ve send reminders and post a letter directly to them with no reply)

Without this review i understood that I can’t complain to IEC ( independent examiner of complaints)

I’ve also wanted to ask my MP to refer my case to parliamentary and health service ombudsman but some members here advise me that the ombudsman won’t take my case without going through IEC first

Any suggestions will be appreciated, what else can I do ?

Maybe a PAP ( pre action protocol letter) and judicial review? ( but this will cost money as I need to go through a solicitor/ lawyer)

Very stressful
UPDATE
I’ve just received my approval today , I’m so happy 🙏

The last steps done
Emailed the minister of migration who’s email and name was tagged in my approval email ( don’t know if he done the trick but I had a response from him weeks ago confirming that he’s looking into my situation)

I’ve asked for a review of my previous complaint ( this was done by email, post letter and also my MP was chasing this review on my behalf, I haven’t received the review by now)

The confirmation email came from : FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk
It says that i also need to wait for email invitation from ATLAS and local council

Thanks guys

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:35 pm

Hooray! Congratulations. Can you share the email address you used for the minister of migration, just in case it could help other members?

Bibivaly
Romania

Post by Bibivaly » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:44 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:35 pm
Hooray! Congratulations. Can you share the email address you used for the minister of migration, just in case it could help other members?
Minister for migration email: tom.pursglove.mp@parliament.uk