ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Not asked for referee's profession?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

frabezoixani-5859
Newly Registered
England

Not asked for referee's profession?

Post by frabezoixani-5859 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:55 am

Hi everyone. I'm applying to register citizenship for my child using the online application form.

I have not been asked to indicate the two referees' professions - not on the online application form, nor on the declaration form which the referees sign.

Below is a screenshot from the application form questions.
Here is the declaration form: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... on_MN1.pdf

Where did you write your referees' professions? Any experience from others who faced the same? Thank you for your help.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: Not asked for referee's profession?

Post by contorted_svy » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:26 pm

Weird, when I applied it asked the profession on the online form. You could declare their professions in the cover letter just to be sure.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

PM74Juve
United Kingdom

Post by PM74Juve » Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:08 pm

It certainly should ask in the online application for profession in adult application.. is it different for child? You could do as advised above or maybe the "how does the referee know the applicant?" question could be used 'Their school teacher for 4 years'

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:54 pm

Of course referees certify that they are qualified to act as referee, including they are professional status.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

frabezoixani-5859
Newly Registered
England

Post by frabezoixani-5859 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:23 pm

Thanks everyone for the advice!

maidy

Post by maidy » Thu Jun 27, 2024 2:29 pm

no need to mention elsewhere if not asked. it is normal. they are not asking applicant about referee's profession. caseworker will contact (mostly via e.mail) referee to verify their details including profession.
Maddy

afriley

Post by afriley » Thu Jun 27, 2024 5:30 pm

I applied two weeks ago and they definitely asked profession (mine were professor and chartered accountant, I remember entering them).