ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question regarding admit status

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SWVinUK2022
Newly Registered
India

Question regarding admit status

Post by SWVinUK2022 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:54 am

My son is on SWV dependant status and we came back from Rome this morning after a vacation. Anytime we come in, I watch intently if the Border police scans all the documents. This time I got distracted and not sure if my son’s BRP was scanned. He is a US citizen and will he have been accidentally admitted as a visitor?

I did request a stamp on son’s passport and the border police stamped and annotated it with BRP number.

Is it possible for him to have been admitted as a visitor accidentally? We still don’t have our UKVI online account and our BRPs expire on Dec 31, 2024 like most people even thought validity is until 2027.

Thanks!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Question regarding admit status

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:06 am

I doubt a border official (or border system) can just change resident status to visitor status.
In any case son has the evidence in his passport, stamp and BRP#.
Don't think there's an issue.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:09 am

I am surprised the Border Force stamped the passport, they normally won’t do it for people returning to the UK with a BRP.
The scans at the border are system checks to ensure validity for entry. The information does not go on to a readily accessible system as most people would imagine.
Your son has not had his entry status changed due to the stamp.

SWVinUK2022
Newly Registered
India

Post by SWVinUK2022 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:21 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:06 am
I doubt a border official (or border system) can just change resident status to visitor status.
In any case son has the evidence in his passport, stamp and BRP#.
Don't think there's an issue.
Thank you for the response. Appreciate it. I also read that people on BRP using e-gates and no BRPs are scanned there. So I guess we are okay!
Frontier Mole wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:09 am
I am surprised the Border Force stamped the passport, they normally won’t do it for people returning to the UK with a BRP.
The scans at the border are system checks to ensure validity for entry. The information does not go on to a readily accessible system as most people would imagine.
Your son has not had his entry status changed due to the stamp.
I am Indian and always had my passport stamped and BRP number annotated. Regarding my son's passport, the border force has always stamped it by themselves or when I ask for it, they put the stamp. I have had to ask for it when we first entered in 2022 and most recently from our trip.

When you say my son has not had his entry changed - do you mean that it has not been changed to visitor? I am sorry if I didn't understand this sentence.

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:45 am

If the stamp is just an entry stamp, no issue.

A visitor entry stamp states the restrictions and looks different.

I think you are overthinking here.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

SWVinUK2022
Newly Registered
India

Post by SWVinUK2022 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:53 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:45 am
If the stamp is just an entry stamp, no issue.

A visitor entry stamp states the restrictions and looks different.

I think you are overthinking here.
Thanks for the reassurance. I wanted to understand if there was something I needed to follow up since I don't want my son (3 years old) to have issues when we finally apply for ILR.

The stamp like you said didn't have any additional details apart from the hand written BRP number.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:45 pm

There is nothing you need to do. What you have exprienced is normal, you are reading too much into a simple entry process
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

SWVinUK2022
Newly Registered
India

Post by SWVinUK2022 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:50 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:45 pm
There is nothing you need to do. What you have exprienced is normal, you are reading too much into a simple entry process

Thank you!!!