ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Date for ILR application for FLR 5 year

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wodinsrage
Canada

Date for ILR application for FLR 5 year

Post by wodinsrage » Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:02 pm

Hello Board. We are just getting the Documents ready for my wife's application for ILR, but we want to make sure that we time this right. My wife arrived in the UK on 20/04/2019, and I was under the impression that she would be applying 28 days before 20/04/2024, but her BRP has a different expiry date.

I have read online that if you apply early, your application will be denied, so I want to make sure that this is the correct date before we make a big mistake.

I also wanted to confirm, that as she is a Canadian citizen, she will not have to show evidence of English language, correct?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Date for ILR application for FLR 5 year

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:02 pm

wodinsrage wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:02 pm
Hello Board. We are just getting the Documents ready for my wife's application for ILR, but we want to make sure that we time this right. My wife arrived in the UK on 20/04/2019, and I was under the impression that she would be applying 28 days before 20/04/2024, but her BRP has a different expiry date.

I have read online that if you apply early, your application will be denied, wrong so I want to make sure that this is the correct date before we make a big mistake.

I also wanted to confirm, that as she is a Canadian citizen, she will not have to show evidence of English language, correct? Yes, she does not need it
On what route did she enter UK, spouse visa?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Aug 06, 2023 12:07 am

The date of application is not necessarily used for eligibility: How to apply early and benefit from the date of the ILR decision ?
She is indeed exempt from English language requirements
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

wodinsrage
Canada

Post by wodinsrage » Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:46 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:02 pm
wodinsrage wrote:

I have read online that if you apply early, your application will be denied, wrong so I want to make sure that this is the correct date before we make a big mistake.

I also wanted to confirm, that as she is a Canadian citizen, she will not have to show evidence of English language, correct? Yes, she does not need it
She is on the FLR(M) 5 year route

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:05 pm

wodinsrage wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:46 am
AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:02 pm
wodinsrage wrote:

She is on the FLR(M) 5 year route
She is eligible to apply from 23/03/2023 till the last date of the validity of her current leave as indicated on BRP or decision letter.

wodinsrage
Canada

Post by wodinsrage » Sun Aug 06, 2023 4:41 pm

Thank you so much.

One other quick question, to which I believe I know the answer.

During the 5 years my wife has been on her FLR(M), she has had to leave the country several times for business, and to visit her mother abroad.

Will this time spent overseas factor into the 5 years she has been living here, as her primary residence has always been in the UK?

(The longest stretch she was away was for 3 months when her father took poorly, 3 years ago, and this was declared on the FLR renewal)

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Aug 06, 2023 5:33 pm

wodinsrage wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2023 4:41 pm
Thank you so much.

During the 5 years my wife has been on her FLR(M), she has had to leave the country several times for business, and to visit her mother abroad.

Will this time spent overseas factor into the 5 years she has been living here, as her primary residence has always been in the UK?

(The longest stretch she was away was for 3 months when her father took poorly, 3 years ago, and this was declared on the FLR renewal)
As you probably know there is no absence limits on spouse visa route. With the travels you outline above there is no thought of any negative impact on her SET(M) application.

wodinsrage
Canada

Post by wodinsrage » Tue Aug 08, 2023 6:12 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2023 5:33 pm
wodinsrage wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2023 4:41 pm
Thank you so much.

As you probably know there is no absence limits on spouse visa route. With the travels you outline above there is no thought of any negative impact on her SET(M) application.
Thank you, that's what I thought, but as Mark Twain said "It isn't what we don't know that gets us into trouble, It's what we know for sure, but just aint' so"

wodinsrage
Canada

Post by wodinsrage » Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:03 pm

Another quick question I have been wondering. My wife is currently studying for the Life in the UK test, and I was wondering how long you usually have to wait from the time you book the appointment, till the actual test, as we are planning on applying for the ILR in March and we don't want to get stuck taking it at the last minute if the waits for the test are months long.

Anyone recently book a test, and how long did you have to wait to take the test?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:45 pm

wodinsrage wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:03 pm
Another quick question I have been wondering. My wife is currently studying for the Life in the UK test, and I was wondering how long you usually have to wait from the time you book the appointment, till the actual test, as we are planning on applying for the ILR in March and we don't want to get stuck taking it at the last minute if the waits for the test are months long.

Anyone recently book a test, and how long did you have to wait to take the test?
The test has no expiry date, so she should book and sit the test as soon as she is ready.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

wodinsrage
Canada

Post by wodinsrage » Sat Nov 18, 2023 1:16 pm

From experience with the driving test, when I went to book, I had to wait 4 months for the test date, this is more the question I had, If we booked today, how soon would we get an appointment?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:24 pm

wodinsrage wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 1:16 pm
From experience with the driving test, when I went to book, I had to wait 4 months for the test date, this is more the question I had, If we booked today, how soon would we get an appointment?
Check out the gov official LITUK booking site: https://www.gov.uk/life-in-the-uk-test
Quote: "You must book your Life in the UK Test online at least 3 days in advance. It costs £50."
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

wodinsrage
Canada

Post by wodinsrage » Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:59 pm

I had seen this, but "Must" and "Can" are two separate things

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 5:08 pm

You are overthinking. You simply need to book the test at least 3 days before you intend to sit the test. There has never been a post of someone waiting weeks or months for a test slot.

You will not have to wait 4 months for an appointment!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:14 pm

Test slots should be widely available, so someone should be able to book and sit a LIUK test within days :!:

wodinsrage
Canada

Post by wodinsrage » Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:02 pm

Thank you

wodinsrage
Canada

Post by wodinsrage » Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:07 pm

Another Quick question,
I currently get all my payslips digitally, and they do not have a company letterhead.
Is this going to be an issue?

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:20 pm

wodinsrage wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:07 pm
Another Quick question,
I currently get all my payslips digitally, and they do not have a company letterhead.
Is this going to be an issue?
Weird though, but if it corresponds to the penny with your incoming in your bank statement, then it should be fine.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

wodinsrage
Canada

Post by wodinsrage » Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:37 pm

Weird questions, as I am getting conflicting information. I have seen people claim that they have used digital bank statements without a stamp from the bank, despite the Gov.uk website specifically stating that if you are using digital statements, these need to be printed and stamped by the bank, but Barclays refuses to stamp statements.

Any help you could give would be helpful

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:58 pm

wodinsrage wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:37 pm
Weird questions, as I am getting conflicting information. I have seen people claim that they have used digital bank statements without a stamp from the bank, despite the Gov.uk website specifically stating that if you are using digital statements, these need to be printed and stamped by the bank, but Barclays refuses to stamp statements.

It is not a wrong claim, HO coming round to the use of electronic document and reduction of generating heaps of paper.
Lots of people if not everyone are using such online statements and getting positive outcome.

The bank probably refused because they are aware online statements are acceptable as is.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:10 pm

wodinsrage wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:37 pm

Until 2018, any printout would have had to be stamped. Since 2018 and after the introduction of online applications, ONLY digital evidence are submitted and UKVI treats digital bank statements as acceptable.
You can provide a download of electronic bank statements if it has this information. You do not need to have these stamped by the bank.
You look at this: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/financial-e ... ork-routes

wodinsrage
Canada

Post by wodinsrage » Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:27 pm

We are just finishing up the last of the documents we need to acquire to apply for my wife's ILR. We have been on the FLR(m) 5 year rout, and we have been collecting proof of cohabitation letters.

We have come up a little short, as the only documents we could provide for my wife were a Tax letter, her voting card, a letter from the NHS and a bank statement. The reason is that I cover most of the bills in the household. Any suggestions of other documents that they would accept as proof of cohabitation?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:54 pm

Any document with the name and address on it can be used. There is no specific requirement

All you need to know about cohabitation evidence

wodinsrage
Canada

Post by wodinsrage » Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:10 pm

Quick question. We are having a little difficulty with my wife's travel history for her ILR application. The reason is that she travels quite a lot for business and has lost the ticket stubs for several of her flights. We were directed to the UK.gov Request personal information held in the borders, immigration and citizenship system, but are a little weary as we don't want to cause to much fuss. Is this a smart way to get accurate information of ins/outs from the country, or will this cause an issue for her application?

wodinsrage
Canada

Post by wodinsrage » Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:11 pm