ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization for Non-UK born Child

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

deltasid
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Naturalization for Non-UK born Child

Post by deltasid » Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:39 pm

If one parent has acquired British Citizenship due to naturalization, can we apply for ILR or naturalization for 12 year old non-UK born child. The child has not completed 5 year continuous stay in UK as was out of the country during COVID but has since returned. Does the child now needs to complete the full 5 year of continuous stay again before being eligible for ILR/Naturalization or is eligible before that based on parent status.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Naturalization for Non-UK born Child

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:43 pm

What is the other parent’s status?
Children born outside the Uk require ILR for registration MN1.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

deltasid
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by deltasid » Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:49 pm

Other parent is Indian citizen and same status as child. The question concerns ILR as well. Could we apply for ILR for the child, although he has less than 3 years of continuous living in UK?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:07 pm

Children born abroad follow the same immigration status as the second parent and can apply for ILR along with the second parent, regardless of whether the child themselves have completed five years residence or not.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.