ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

skilled worker visa slightly less than 5 years

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Almeera
Newly Registered
Pakistan

skilled worker visa slightly less than 5 years

Post by Almeera » Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:37 pm

Hey, my employer gave me a 5-year COS, so I paid for a 5-year visa. But I ended up getting a visa for only 4 years and 10 months. Will this affect me later when I apply for ILR? The COS start date was Feb 14, 2022, and by the time i got done with biometrics, tb test, the final decision came on April 10, 2022. Any suggestions would be great, thankss! :)

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: skilled worker visa slightly less than 5 years

Post by lolo2 » Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:47 pm

You were advised about this two years ago. The duration of your visa was established according to the work start and end dates on the CoS. As you rightly pointed out, UKVI adjusted the start date after all the paperwork was completed, but the work end date remained the same - as per the CoS.

UKVI will not accommodate a visa duration to make the applicant eligible for ILR in exactly five years. The Skilled Worker route is just one of those options available to apply for ILR in the UK, but UKVI don't take decisions envisaging that every worker will stay in the UK permanently.

Also remember that the immigration rules are constantly changing, even more in the last few years. The current rules might be different when the time you're eligible for ILR arrives.

Kman12
Mood:
India

Post by Kman12 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:15 am

Have you checked on view and prove your status service as it might have a different visa start date?

I have kind of the same situation;

My COS start date and end dates:
Start Date: 1st Feb 2024
End Date: 31st January 2029
(total time if counted this way: 5 years including the end date)

on view and prove (share code) is shown now;
Valid from 27 February 2024
Valid until 14 February 2029
(total time if counted this way: 4 years, 11 months, 19 days including the end date)

However, my visa was approved on 22nd March 2024 and as per the decision email; it permits me to stay in the UK as a Skilled Worker until 14 Feb 2029.
Visa approved on 22 March 2024
Valid until 14 February 2029
(total time if counted this way: 4 years, 10 months, 24 days including the end date)

Let's consider rules are staying same;
so if count based on view and prove I might not need to apply for an extension at that time. However, I would be consulting a lawyer just to be on the safe side of the rules.

wingedone
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by wingedone » Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:13 pm

My visa was approved from 3/11/21 till 15/08/26. But my cos was issued from August 09/7/21 till 08/26.
I am very worried on how this will affect my ILR