ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Keith12
United Kingdom

British Citizenship

Post by Keith12 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:10 am

Good Morning, im in process of filling oniine application for British citizenship before i start, i would like to get some advice, i was grant ILR in 2019 on basis of 10 years of long residency, now brp expiring in dec 24, , my question is, can i apply for citizen anytime before my brp runs out,
Secondly, recently i travelled outside UK for 2 weeks ( 16 feb 24 - 2 march 24) Does this gonna affect my application.
Thirdky, can i travel outside UK after submission of my online application,

alterhase58
Germany

Re: British Citizenship

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:46 am

1. All BRPs expire end Dec 24. No issue.
2. If you are within the absence allowances no issue.
3. Travel is fine, it’s not an immigration application.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

abbott25
Newly Registered
Tanzania

Post by abbott25 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:18 am

Your good to go mate, 2 weeks absent is way way lower , just make sure you declare everything, from CCJ, or criminal history even though it happens 10 years ago, parking tickets only if they result to the court, but if you have paid no need to declare

Keith12
United Kingdom

Post by Keith12 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:46 pm

Thank Q for your wounderful advice,while filling up online application form i have come across few question that im sure about the Answers, like your previous application, i dont remember the dates and reference number for previous except most recent once, do i have to show then all the application from when i arrived in the country,,
proof of living in uk for 5 years, what documents do i need to provide, 2 and half year ago , i use to share house with my friends family, i dont have any letters or any thing on my Name, except bank statement , Dvla , just a xerox copy, because i need to renew to my new address, few Nhs and prescription copies,

Thirdly, can i get form fill out ,sign and dates from Referee before i submit online applucation, or i has to be after submission of the application,

Can i download referee forms from Google or it diferent , i have complete filling up online form but i dont see option to download referee form

Last but not the least, its asking for my occupation, right now im working 2 jobs part, and i have a company while not in operation but its active status, Do need to mention or no need,

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:08 pm

Keith12 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:46 pm
Thank Q for your wounderful advice,while filling up online application form i have come across few question that im sure about the Answers, like your previous application, i dont remember the dates and reference number for previous except most recent once, do i have to show then all the application from when i arrived in the country,, Yes, all, but it's ok if you don't have all the details. Add a note to your documents to explain.

proof of living in uk for 5 years, what documents do i need to provide, 2 and half year ago , i use to share house with my friends family, i dont have any letters or any thing on my Name, except bank statement , Dvla , just a xerox copy, because i need to renew to my new address, few Nhs and prescription copies, Your passport covering the residency period is sufficient.

Thirdly, can i get form fill out ,sign and dates from Referee before i submit online applucation, or i has to be after submission of the application, Yes, within a reasonable date.

Can i download referee forms from Google or it diferent , i have complete filling up online form but i dont see option to download referee form The downloaded form is ok - they haven't changed since the paper days....https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... on_MN1.pdf

Last but not the least, its asking for my occupation, right now im working 2 jobs part, and i have a company while not in operation but its active status, Do need to mention or no need,The question is about your occupation, what sort of profession you work in, not your job title.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:10 am

Keith12 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:46 pm
Thank Q for your wounderful advice,while filling up online application form i have come across few question that im sure about the Answers, like your previous application, i dont remember the dates and reference number for previous except most recent once, do i have to show then all the application from when i arrived in the country,,
proof of living in uk for 5 years, what documents do i need to provide, 2 and half year ago , i use to share house with my friends family, i dont have any letters or any thing on my Name, except bank statement , Dvla , just a xerox copy, because i need to renew to my new address, few Nhs and prescription copies,

Thirdly, can i get form fill out ,sign and dates from Referee before i submit online applucation, or i has to be after submission of the application,

Can i download referee forms from Google or it diferent , i have complete filling up online form but i dont see option to download referee form

Last but not the least, its asking for my occupation, right now im working 2 jobs part, and i have a company while not in operation but its active status, Do need to mention or no need,

You can explain the part about your employment in a cover letter if you are employed by two different companies, but employment is not a requirement for naturalisation.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Keith12
United Kingdom

Post by Keith12 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:08 am

Thanks, i have limited company at the moment im not doing any activity or trade but im filling accounts on time, my question is , can i Add my friend as a director of my company, ,that gonna impact my application as im submitting application in a day or two, i will be providing some of my company documents as supporting document

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:28 am

Adding friend as director is not an issue.
Not sure why you think it may be an issue. It’s your company….

Keith12
United Kingdom

Post by Keith12 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:10 pm

Hi, Guru's, im back again with few more question,
1. Do you have a previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain where you had to prove your knowledge of English , i have tick YES, Tell us the previous visa , what should i write, ILR or previous visa before then.
2. Previous visa application:- i know few visa application in the past , its has to be in serial sequence, because i dont remember details of visa application ,can i skip the once i dont remember.
3. Two of my referees are family friend, can i get signed and date before i submit my application or i has to be after submission.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:12 am

Keith12 wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:10 pm
1. Do you have a previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain where you had to prove your knowledge of English , i have tick YES, Tell us the previous visa , what should i write, ILR or previous visa before then. Simply the former visa you held where English knowledge had to be proven
2. Previous visa application:- i know few visa application in the past , its has to be in serial sequence, because i dont remember details of visa application ,can i skip the once i dont remember. Its if known, provide the details you remember
3. Two of my referees are family friend, can i get signed and date before i submit my application or i has to be after submission.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:14 pm

Keith12 wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:10 pm
1. Do you have a previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain where you had to prove your knowledge of English , i have tick YES, Tell us the previous visa , what should i write, ILR or previous visa before then. I would say declare the first visa you had to prove knowledge of English language
2. Previous visa application:- i know few visa application in the past , its has to be in serial sequence, because i dont remember details of visa application ,can i skip the once i dont remember. Provide as much detail as possible and explain in a cover note which applications you know happened but can't find details for
3. Two of my referees are family friend, can i get signed and date before i submit my application or i has to be after submission. Before the application is submitted.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Keith12
United Kingdom

Post by Keith12 » Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:30 pm

Im want to make surevim doing the right application for british citizenship, i got ILR on the basis of 10 years long residence,
Type of Visa / application: apply for naturalisation as British citizen, is that the right application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:31 pm

There is only one form, form AN yes.

Your immigration route to ILR is irrelevant!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Keith12
United Kingdom

Post by Keith12 » Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:56 pm

Hi Everyone, atlast i have had submitted citizenship application online form,,and i was going through the pdf , i gave few details of previous applications which know, but i just notice ,again theirs a question saying, have you previously made any other uk immigration appplication in the uk or abroad , i dont know how the answer 'No' appeared, that for sure i missed 2 of my previous application details. Now this is worrying me,

PM74Juve
United Kingdom

Post by PM74Juve » Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:12 am

Keith12 wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:56 pm
Hi Everyone, atlast i have had submitted citizenship application online form,,and i was going through the pdf , i gave few details of previous applications which know, but i just notice ,again theirs a question saying, have you previously made any other uk immigration appplication in the uk or abroad , i dont know how the answer 'No' appeared, that for sure i missed 2 of my previous application details. Now this is worrying me,
I notice the same in my partner's application.... it will be the question where you were asked if there were any more applications made (as eventually you have to stop listing them). As long as the details you did supply of previous applications are in the pdf then all good. If there are any details missing that you want to supply.... add a cover letter in documents.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:07 am

Keith12 wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:56 pm
Explain the mistake in a cover letter and provide details of all immigration applications you can remember. No need to worry.

Keith12
United Kingdom

Post by Keith12 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:06 pm

Good Evening , i have submitted my online application form, just waiting for boimetric to be done, Could you plz tell me what document to i need to upload before i go for my biometric appointment,

I have got my ILR(2019) on the basis of 10 years of long residence, Now my question is , How do i proof that in living in uk for 5 years, i have got 2 passport, ( old passport expired + valid passport ) In 8 year , only once i was outside uk for 2 weeks, Valid passport has only one stamp, and rest i have it on my old expired passport,what document i need to prove in living in uk, i have lots of thread, so im little bit confuse, i know case is different,

Fir English requirement , do i need to submit certification and my marks sheet or One is enough (certificate )

Plz help me get out of this confusing situation?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:39 pm

provide current and expired passport. not sure what you mean by certification and my marks sheet, the certificate should be fine.

Keith12
United Kingdom

Post by Keith12 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:50 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:39 pm
provide current and expired passport. not sure what you mean by certification and my marks sheet, the certificate should be fine.
So that means i dont neet to provide any additional document like , council tax bill, p60 , payslips etc. Both passport photocopy is enough,

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:38 am

Keith12 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:50 pm
contorted_svy wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:39 pm
So that means i dont neet to provide any additional document like , council tax bill, p60 , payslips etc Not required. Both passport photocopy is enough,

Keith12
United Kingdom

Post by Keith12 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:14 pm

Hii, i have my biometric appointment in couple of days, just want to make sure that i have uploaded correct and enough documents,
1.valid passport copy
2.old expired passport copy.
3.both passport stamps ( In and out)
4. Degree certificate
ILR Copy
Life in the Uk
7.Referee

could you let me know if im missing any document to upload,

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:37 pm

it seems to me you covered all bases.

Keith12
United Kingdom

Post by Keith12 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:08 pm

Thsks , So i dont need to add more addditional documents, p60s or councils tax letters,
One last question, in my early post , not required for p60s, could i get more clarification on that please, so how do i prove that im living in uk ,
would they refuse my application on the basis of not provide adequate documents, ,
Would casework ask for more documents if they neet to , or straight away they refuse my application for not providing documents.
Suppose if submitted them, p60s, whats gonna happen,

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:58 pm

P60s are not needed because your passport gets stamped when you re enter the country. Your passports are proof you lived in the UK, and they can check with data held at the border too. P60s are simply redundant in your case.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:09 pm

The suggestions regarding documents for ILR holders has been the same ever since I have been following this board.
It is well established that for most applications the number of documents required is minimal and there’s no need to add more than in required.
Generally applications are not refused for mistakes or missing documents, caseworkers normally contact applicants in this cases.
Refusals are based primarily on statutory requirements not met.