ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

petalro

Post by petalro » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:34 pm

congrats sam!

imi

Post by imi » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:06 pm

sam123456 wrote:guys,

just spoke to my missus and she said she went to gerry's in karachi and got her visa today... :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Hey Sam, That is fab. Congrats!!! What an intense feeling of relief for you! I can imagine that.

Plz do not forget us in ur prayers.

Missy_j

Post by Missy_j » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:49 pm

Hi Sam,

Many congrats! i'm so happy for you!

My hubby applied a week or so after your wife, now i'm hopefull that I should get some good news soon.

Wishing you both a happy life together.

Please pray for all of us waiting, now that ur wait is over! :D

bazuk
Newly Registered

Post by bazuk » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:01 pm

I'm hoping too that we hear something from Gerry's this week or next. We applied on the 27th Nov from Lahore.

Maz_xx

Post by Maz_xx » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:13 pm

Congrats sam :) pleased to hear the good news!
when did u apply if u dnt mind me asking...6 weeks exactly and i still havent heard anythin abt my hubbyz ap..

Safina1

review

Post by Safina1 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:02 pm

naz08 iv been calling same numba as u. gna try agn tomoro.

magnet ur scaring me nw! i wz gna appeal bt d guy at d law cntr sd to review instead. go to a local ticket agent he'l find sum1to take ur papers. kp me posted on wot hapns. if my papers hadn gt der dey wud written to say case is rejected rite?do u knw anymor abt d review procedur?

sam123456

Post by sam123456 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:39 am

thanks everyone. Maz_xx we applied on 12 of november. but the status didnt change until yesterday evening where it changed to application collected.

now we are trying to find tickets as it is new year everywhere is fuly booked :?

Maz_xx

Post by Maz_xx » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:34 am

ooh im soo hapi for ya sam, but at the same time im getting worried ur ap took what.. abt a month + 10 days and its been abit more than that for me... :cry:
sorry to bombard u with questions but did they make an enquiry with ur wrkplace?
Good luck finding tickets inshallah u and ur wife will have a really happy life together

sam123456

Post by sam123456 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:09 am

thanks alot Maz_xx. hopefully your one would come soon as well inshallah. i dont know if they have made an enquiry with my workplace cannot ask HR this.... i dont think they will contact workplace if you have a letter stating what your salary and position is

bt they stamped the visa on 5th of december it took 25 days either to deliver it or took 25 days gerry's to call us

Maz_xx

Post by Maz_xx » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:14 am

thanks..yeh i all i can do is sit tite and wait realy

what a good start to the new year for u.. :)

bazuk
Newly Registered

Post by bazuk » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:52 pm

I emailed the VAC Lahore Duty Manager and I got a reply from him today. He basically said that the application was still in the process stage and once the passport is back they will call my wife for collection.

He re-iterated that settlement applications can take 60 days to process.

Magnet
Newly Registered

Post by Magnet » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:16 am

SAFINA1

I am not sure who advised you but according to my solicitor...
The procedure is that you Appeal in UK and at the same time you send the required documents or the evidence they objected on to the ECO at BHC for a REVIEW APPLICATION. Application for review is at ECO's discretion, they don’t have to consider it; however when they know a person has Appealed they are obliged to reconsider the case, because ultimately they will need to reconsider their position if it gets to Court.
Appeal is also important as you will be considered according to the rules before 27th Nov 2008...that if you had been rejected before 27th.
So if you or your partner is under 21... That would not apply to you. HOWEVER if you are not successful in your review application then you will need to re-apply where by you will be considered according to the current immigration rules. I hope this helps.
Secondly - if your papers haven’t got their BHC wouldn’t write to, according to them the story ended when they initially rejected your case. They don’t know if you are in any review process, however if they have got your papers they do usually respond within few weeks, but again in review application everything is at their mercy and discretion. I hope this helps.
I suggest you start chasing up what’s happening with your case, find out exactly where you stand.

del_piero_3

Post by del_piero_3 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:05 pm

Magnet wrote:SAFINA1

I am not sure who advised you but according to my solicitor...
The procedure is that you Appeal in UK and at the same time you send the required documents or the evidence they objected on to the ECO at BHC for a REVIEW APPLICATION. Application for review is at ECO's discretion, they don’t have to consider it; however when they know a person has Appealed they are obliged to reconsider the case, because ultimately they will need to reconsider their position if it gets to Court.
Magnet is correct. You cannot just apply for a review because this is part of the appeal process. They might review your case or might not, its all down to ECO's discretion, most of time they dont bother looking it at though...

izzie

Post by izzie » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:51 pm

Hey sam, congratualtions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D Am really happy 4u n ur wife. wat a lovely start to the new year for u both. U must be so excited!
Plz remember us in ur prayers aswell. My hubi applied abt a week after ur wife did n we've still no news as of yet, but inshallah I'm sure the new year will bring us all the good news we are waiting for :)

Maz_xx

Post by Maz_xx » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:11 pm

Happy new year everyone.. inshallah the new year brings us luck. Got loads of hope for a fonecall tomorrow...inshallah...

imi

Post by imi » Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:42 pm

HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!
May Almighty Allah make this year a successful and pleasant one for us all, bestow his mercy upon us and start this year for us with loads of good news and with reunion with our spouses inshallah.
Ameen

sskhan786
Newly Registered

Post by sskhan786 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:21 am

Hi All,

Firstly id like 2wish every1 on this forum a Happy New Year. May the new year bring us happines and lots of re-unions! Secondly, im new on this forum and ive been reading every1s post over the past few days. Its nice 2know that there are others like u bcoz somethimes it feels like u r the only one going thru this and no one seems to understand or care....lol!

My husband applied for his visa on 18th Nov in Lahore, so we`re waiting...the wait just makes u more anxious. Plz can u make Dua 4us as i will 4u and Inshallah the new year will re-unite us with our partners. Also lots of Congratulations to those whosa partners have got a visa....may you lead a happy life 2getha... :D

Maz_xx

Post by Maz_xx » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:11 am

Hey sskhan welcome to the forum, ur pretty much in the same boat as me, my husband applied on the 18th nov at islamabad but still no reply its coming up to 7 weeks now, im getting really anxious. Inshallah we will all hear good news soon in the meantime keep making dua

SpOuSeSiCkNeSs
Newly Registered

Post by SpOuSeSiCkNeSs » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:06 am

Salaam to everyone in this forum

I would just like to say that i've been reading the posts for this site for a few months now, its very helpful to stay updated by the info from posts.

I also like many of you have been going through the agonising n scrutinating pain thats comes with the distancing and isolatating of a loved one :cry:

But everything comes in due time....

So i have news to share and also need Some ifo...

RIGHT!!!

My Angel Aplied for her settlement Visa In LAHORE VAC on 28/10/08 We had no reply from VAC or BHC for a long period, but recently she recieved a call from Either BHC or VAC (not Sure) and was told to go to VAC to get her fingerprints re-done (due to computer error) She went on 29/12/08 to get that re-done! we were hoping that they would give us the visa then and there also but obviously that did not happen..

Now She has recieved either a letter or call (im not sure which) from BHC she has been given an Interview for the 14/01/09 at BHC they have also asked her to bring more recent bankstatement, also evidence of staying in touch (all we have is her mobile phone as proof).

we are first time newly weds, we are both over the 21 legal visa marriage age, and this is also our first application.

I just hope that this is enlightenment for us all.

could someone please give me some information on what questions my wife will be asked, so that she may prepare with more confidence

Thankyou all

sskhan786
Newly Registered

Post by sskhan786 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:12 am

Hi Spouse Sickness,

When we applied for my husbands visa the 1st time he was also called for an interview. They asked him questions mainly about me like where does she work, what does she do in her spare time, how often do u communicate and have u got any evidence to prove this ( we didnt put any evidence of contact the first time we applied). Also we applied a year after we got married coz i was studying therefore they asked him what i was studying and where and if i had a graduation party etc. They also asked him where i was born and my date of birth.

Good luck, hope it turns out well 4u both and not like ours!

sskhan786
Newly Registered

Post by sskhan786 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:55 am

Thank you for the welcome MAZ.

Do you know how the BHC work? Do you think they go thru each case in date order or summat...the wait is so frustrating and difficult....

SpOuSeSiCkNeSs
Newly Registered

Post by SpOuSeSiCkNeSs » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:48 pm

Hello SSKhan

thankyou for the reply that was most helpfull.

The only problem we have is that we do not have any evidence to prove that we are in contact, apart from her mobile phone which has the SMS messages, do you know if that will suffice?? What will happen if it does not?? Also they donot allow Mobile phones into the BHC so they most likely wont let her bring it in?? What can i do?????

Also does anyone know if they will give her the passport and visa at the interview or will it be sent to gerrys??

Its all quite rather confusing...

But SSKhan it is mostly down to patients (SABAR) that is all one can do when it comes to there incompetence in visa application progress.

Im sure for you and everyone else will soon be holding your loved ones.

sskhan786
Newly Registered

Post by sskhan786 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:01 pm

Spouse Sickness,

Have you not got any phone bills from here to show that you have made calls if not tell ur wife to take phone cards to show that you ring each other of them. I had a phone on contract & had free minutes so i used to ring off a phonecard with the 0207 number as it shows up on the bill...but it is quite difficult to show contact....have you sent any eid cards or anything...?

Inshallah all will be well just stay positive and tell ur wife not to get nervous my husband got nervous and messed up on the interview!

SpOuSeSiCkNeSs
Newly Registered

Post by SpOuSeSiCkNeSs » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:40 pm

Thats the thing when ever i have rang i have used the phone card, I will need to have a look at my home phone bill which is what iv been using to call her on! But as u sed it will come up with the dialled cards number!! and im not sure weather they will accept phone cards as evidence even tho i havent kept any!

Sadly no iv never sent her anything apart from visa documents thru post..

Thankyou for the advice I will tell her but that will make her more nervous lol

Safina1

Post by Safina1 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:54 pm

magnet i'v asked arnd n hav been told dat if i sent my papers for a review bac to islamabad den i didnt need 2 appeal here cos if its rejected again it'l go strait 2 appeal in d uk. my mate has been thru same process.

i'm getting royal mail to track d parcel n hav called d law cntr who told me to contact london embassy n ask wots goin on. it cud b dat my papers hav been sent for an appeal here or dey hav overturned d decision...i'm none d wiser either way.

naz08 have u heard anything? did dey gt bac to ur emails? i'm losin d plot i'm emailing em literally everyday.