ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Incorrect Route Category on CoS for Skilled Worker Application - Previous Grad Visa Expired

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

em12345
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Incorrect Route Category on CoS for Skilled Worker Application - Previous Grad Visa Expired

Post by em12345 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:27 am

URGENT HELP NEEDED PLEASE

Hello!

I am applying for a Skilled Worker/Tier 2 Visa.

My employer has incorrectly registered the incorrect route on the Certificate of Sponsorship (I am transferring from a Graduate visa and not a Student/Tier 4 Visa).

Because this is an error that is not amendable in the notes section, we need to generate a new CoS.

My Graduate visa has since expired (I was able to stay in the country through section 3C, as I had an application awaiting a decision).

My employer says they cannot generate a new CoS to attach as a "supplement" to the application.

We are worried that our only other option is to withdraw and re-apply, but then I would be in the country without the right to work during this time.

Please, please, please, if you have faced a similar situation may you let me know what the solution is!

Many thanks in advance

thecatsaysmew
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Incorrect Route Category on CoS for Skilled Worker Application - Previous Grad Visa Expired

Post by thecatsaysmew » Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:55 pm

Hello,

I've faced exactly the same situation, and my advice would be to not withdraw and wait for the Home Office to contact your sponsor. When a mistake like this happens, they usually contact your sponsor and send a link for the ISC payment, which your company has to make within a few days. After this, a caseworker will look at your visa application again. As long as you're awaiting decision, you can continue to work under rule 3C. The exact same thing happened to me. My employer paid the ISC, and am still awaiting decision.

Hope this helps!

Dkalu
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Re: Incorrect Route Category on CoS for Skilled Worker Application - Previous Grad Visa Expired

Post by Dkalu » Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:20 pm

Please guys, has anyone gotten decision as i have entered thesame Gbege now

vaj123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by vaj123 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:05 pm

thecatsaysmew wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:55 pm
Hello,

I've faced exactly the same situation, and my advice would be to not withdraw and wait for the Home Office to contact your sponsor. When a mistake like this happens, they usually contact your sponsor and send a link for the ISC payment, which your company has to make within a few days. After this, a caseworker will look at your visa application again. As long as you're awaiting decision, you can continue to work under rule 3C. The exact same thing happened to me. My employer paid the ISC, and am still awaiting decision.

Hope this helps!
Hi did u get a decision finally ?

vaj123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by vaj123 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:06 pm

em12345 wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:27 am
URGENT HELP NEEDED PLEASE

Hello!

I am applying for a Skilled Worker/Tier 2 Visa.

My employer has incorrectly registered the incorrect route on the Certificate of Sponsorship (I am transferring from a Graduate visa and not a Student/Tier 4 Visa).

Because this is an error that is not amendable in the notes section, we need to generate a new CoS.

My Graduate visa has since expired (I was able to stay in the country through section 3C, as I had an application awaiting a decision).

My employer says they cannot generate a new CoS to attach as a "supplement" to the application.

We are worried that our only other option is to withdraw and re-apply, but then I would be in the country without the right to work during this time.

Please, please, please, if you have faced a similar situation may you let me know what the solution is!

Many thanks in advance
Any update on your visa application ?

thecatsaysmew
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by thecatsaysmew » Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:59 pm

vaj123 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:05 pm
thecatsaysmew wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:55 pm
Hello,

Hope this helps!
Hi did u get a decision finally ?
Hi there - yes, I got my visa granted about 2 months after the HO contacted the sponsor to pay for the ISC. Hope this helps!