ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

stamp 4 EU Fam + new Family

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

davenagel
Newly Registered
Brazil

stamp 4 EU Fam + new Family

Post by davenagel » Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:37 pm

Hi There,
I am a bit worried with what I am about to do and I wonder if I can get some help here.

I have a stamp 4 eufam that I got from my previous marriage with an eu citizen. I am living in Ireland for the past 12 years. My eufam stamp is based on retention of rights from the eu citizen that I am divorced. I applied for a long term residency (EUTR3) that was granted, after my divorce.

I got married again, but my new wife doesen't live in Ireland. she is pregnant and she is a non eu citizen.

I am going to travel to Brazil and come to Ireland together. I am going to explaing to the visa officer that she is coming to live with me.

Am I doing anyting illegal with that? Or should I do any other option?

thanks for your help

AlmostIrish_111
Ireland

Re: stamp 4 EU Fam + new Family

Post by AlmostIrish_111 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:12 pm

Well, I don't know if you are doing anything illegal but surely if you are planning on sponsoring a visa for her then you are certainly doing something that is not going to work out in your favour.

Stamp 4 EU Fam visa holders are not allowed to sponsor anyone's long term visa, so I do not know which visa you would try to fit your partner under.

From what you said, even though you have lived in Ireland for 12 years, you are not an Irish citizen and being an EU Fam visa holder I would assume you are not an EU citizen, so bringing your wife under the Freedom of Movement Act just won't work, neither will CSEP spouse as you do not hold a Critical Skills visa.

Your spouse, assuming she is Brazilian, may join you in Ireland for 90 days but she will have to leave on the 90th day.

Your best options are: Move to Brazil or apply to the Irish citizenship, have it granted, received the certificate then apply for the visa as the spouse of an Irish citizen.

davenagel
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by davenagel » Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:50 pm

I can't leave my work at the moment in Ireland, but she can, so I asked her to come to Ireland as a student.

Is there any rules for studing in Ireland while pregnant?

AlmostIrish_111
Ireland

Post by AlmostIrish_111 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:49 am

Citizen's information says the following:
Non-EEA students coming to Ireland for the first time may not get permission to stay in Ireland if they have their children with them or intend their children to join them later on.
So I don't know how they would treat a pregnancy. Maybe reach out to an immigration solicitor and check the best options.

reference: https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/m ... ent-visas/

kyk00525
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by kyk00525 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:12 pm

I doubt they will even let her in for the visa free period..
Unless is not a visible sign..