ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Looking for help on PSW appeal

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tulipsjs
Newly Registered

Looking for help on PSW appeal

Post by tulipsjs » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:39 am

I applied PSW in Nov 2008, and my application was rejected by the homeoffice due to the reason of £800 funds limite. I have several accounts, and I don't normally put my money into my current account as i got ISA account, so the majority of my funds is in ISA account, because ISA account has a higher interest rate. I transfer money between accounts when it's needed.

I sent them together with my application, however the application was rejected. My current account is less than £800 sometimes, however my ISA account is always more than £4,000.

Can anyone help me on this? Can I appeal?

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:02 pm

Thats much surprising.... surely wrong objection. Money needs not to be in the current account only. It can be in ISA account as well. It should not be a fixed deposit account. As long as you can withdraw the money at any time it must be acceptable. I am 100% sure about it. Moreover 800 pounds could be in multiple accounts as well.

To me utterly wrong objection by casewoerker. I would advise you to write a complaint letter to the team which decided your case. And give the detailed explanation about the amount of funds available to you and highlight that were in possession of more than 800 pounds in the last 3 months period prioer to your application. Dont send any documents at this stage just write the normal letter on A4 paper and send it..you should get a response within 10-20 days...meanwhile lodge an appeal... If you get a positive response in support of your complaint then all done..otherwsie you will win it on appeal for granted.

Just my point of view.... other forum members are welcome to give their suggestions.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:37 am

Cover yourself while you try and get some sanity from the decision maker. Put in an appeal against the refusal but also write and ask for a review of the refusal and include a letter from the ISA provider stating there is no waiting time before you can access the funds. That should cover the bases.

tulipsjs
Newly Registered

Post by tulipsjs » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:01 am

Thank you guys for your help and I am going to write a letter to the team now. Also will prepare for the appeal. Good luck to me.

rameshnerella
Newly Registered

Post by rameshnerella » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:11 pm

HO people going crazy.. how is that they are not even cross verifying the documents we send.
make an appeal. best of luck for your appeal.