ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Couple of questions.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Imm2021
Mood:
Mexico

Couple of questions.

Post by Imm2021 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:34 pm

Hello,

Just a couple of questions: does an applicant's passport need to be valid for a certain time when applying for naturalization? What if a passport is expiring in a month, for example?

The other question is: In the application there is this question:
At any time have you ever had any of the following, in the UK or in another country?
  • A penalty for a driving offence, for example disqualification for speeding or no motor insurance
  • A caution, warning, reprimand or other out-of- court penalty
If one got a speeding ticket and as a result had to do the National Speed Awareness Course. Does that count as any of the two previous?

Thank you.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Couple of questions.

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:41 pm

Imm2021 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:34 pm
Hello,

Just a couple of questions: does an applicant's passport need to be valid for a certain time when applying for naturalization? What if a passport is expiring in a month, for example?
There's no validity requirement for passports - expiry during process is not an issue.
The other question is: In the application there is this question:
At any time have you ever had any of the following, in the UK or in another country?
  • A penalty for a driving offence, for example disqualification for speeding or no motor insurance
  • A caution, warning, reprimand or other out-of- court penalty
If one got a speeding ticket and as a result had to do the National Speed Awareness Course. Does that count as any of the two previous?
If you did the course it doesn't count as a penality you don't have to disclose it anywhere, not even to your car insurance.
Thank you.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Imm2021
Mood:
Mexico

Post by Imm2021 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:36 pm

Hello,

Thanks a lot. Much appreciated.

You guys are great. Really appreciate your help.

Br

One more thing if I may; do you know if it is necessary to take the 'Life in the UK test again?'

Thank you!

G

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:49 pm

Imm2021 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:36 pm
One more thing if I may; do you know if it is necessary to take the 'Life in the UK test again?'
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Imm2021
Mood:
Mexico

Post by Imm2021 » Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:57 pm

Fantastic.

Thank you. God bless.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:20 am

You will need to retrieve the URN for when you took the test and provide it in the application.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.