ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SW Visa extension queries

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Divyaraj
Newly Registered
India

SW Visa extension queries

Post by Divyaraj » Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:19 pm

Hi,

My current SW visa expires on 17th July which is under SOC 2135 - IT business Analyst.

I understand that 04th Apr , there is change happening and looks like new SOC 2020 will be used and as part of it my code will change to SOC 2133 - IT business analyst - Can you confirm please ?

I'm earning around 61K and hopefully new salary threshold won't affect ?

I hope my employer needed to provide undefined COS as I'm extending within UK and my employer said allocation for this year is available so please confirm existing allocation will not expire after 04th Apr due to these changes ?

when can my employer issue the COS for extension ? around 18th Apr i.e. 90 days before work start date 17th July 2024 or can they give me new cos now itself with work start date of 17th July 2024 ? i.e. before 04th Apr changes ..
Many thanks in advance.

Divyaraj
Newly Registered
India

Re: SW Visa extension queries

Post by Divyaraj » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:26 am

Can someone answer my queries please ? Apologies for chasing.

Divyaraj
Newly Registered
India

Post by Divyaraj » Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:40 pm

Can someone respond please ?
Also my job title will change from business analyst to lead business analyst , I hope it uses the same soc code so no need to update my visa and I can go for extension?

ska_abbas

Post by ska_abbas » Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:25 am

I am in a similar situation and my SOC has been changed from 2424 to 2440. Do we need to apply for extension or update, since SOC has changed?

I don't think the salary will affect you, as you will be treated with previous salary threshold, however slightly increased due to inflation.

ska_abbas

Post by ska_abbas » Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:28 am

Just checked your going rate.

Its 51700 under new rules and 39300 under previous rules. 39300 will be applicable to you, however with your salary, you should be fine either way.