ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HMPO British first passport FAQ

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Morobek
South Africa

HMPO British first passport FAQ

Post by Morobek » Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:04 am

Hi there,

Under the FAQ for first adult passport, it mentions you need to post your passport documents to HMPO, do you need to provide the packaging or is there a specific package you obtain from the post office?

Also my wife’s applying for a passport using her maiden name as her original country passport is in her maiden name but has used her married name in the UK since we arrived 7 years ago for proof of residence. Do we need to provide proof of residence in her maiden name too to avoid confusion? (Hope my question makes sense)

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: HMPO British first passport FAQ

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:12 am

You can use any postage packaging, you pay for whatever you want use. It is entitely up to you. It is not provided as part of the service.

There is NO proof of residence required for passport applications.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Morobek
South Africa

Post by Morobek » Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:33 pm

Thank you, and regarding the parents details I need to enter for the first passport after obtaining the certificate- do I need to enter the details of grandparents? Not sure I have details of grandparents. I understand there is one form for all passport routes- just curious if there is anything else to type?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:43 pm

regarding the parents details I need to enter for the first passport after obtaining the certificate- do I need to enter the details of grandparents? Not sure I have details of grandparents. I understand there is one form for all passport routes- just curious if there is anything else to type?
If she has naturalised as British, parent and grand parent details are not relevant. Simply state "details not known" if you don't know them.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:44 pm

Morobek wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:33 pm
Thank you, and regarding the parents details I need to enter for the first passport after obtaining the certificate- do I need to enter the details of grandparents? Not sure I have details of grandparents. I understand there is one form for all passport routes- just curious if there is anything else to type?
Generic form as you acknowledge, Provide what applies to you, if you have not been asked for grandparents name what's the worry about?