ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

7 year route on basis of private life

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kharadekalyan
Newly Registered
India

7 year route on basis of private life

Post by kharadekalyan » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:02 pm

Hello Team,
Hope you are well.
I would like to get your advice on my case

I have been staying in the UK since Oct-2018 on an ICT visa and now on a global mobility visa with validity till Sept-2025.

My wife and Daughters travelled to the UK on 5th-May-2029 and have been staying in the UK since then continuously.
My Elder Daughter Born in -2007 and currently in A-level(Year-12)
And Younger Daughter Born in 2010 and currently in School Year-8.

Considering Above facts, do you think my daughter/s will be eligible for the "7 Year Child Concession"/"private Life" route for ILR or do you think there is some other route she can get ILR.

Your Guidance in this regards is highly appreciated as i am also worried about my eldest daughters University admission whether she will be treated as an international student(2/3 times fees to be paid) or local students(£9500 fees to be paid)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: 7 year route on basis of private life

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:16 pm

Considering Above facts, do you think my daughter/s will be eligible for the "7 Year Child Concession"/"private Life" route for ILR or do you think there is some other route she can get ILR.
No because they dont hold private life route visas.

They also havent even been here for 5 years. No immediate ilr route either.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kharadekalyan
Newly Registered
India

Post by kharadekalyan » Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:28 pm

Thanks for reply.
My question should be like this - after completing thier 7 years in uk in May 2026 will both daughters will be eligible for private life route? So that I can plan uk stay accordingly ?

razergd1
Israel

Post by razergd1 » Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:57 pm

Very unlikely.

Please see,
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -2#Child_7

The normal expectation is for a child to follow their parents. I suggest that you read the case worker guidance and make your own assessment. Their status may depend on their age at the point of application as well and the time spent in the UK.
However, I'm almost certain that if you wish to stay you will need to find other route to settlement. I also have doubt about the children.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.
I take no responsibility for following them.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:29 pm

Once your dependents have been in the U.K. for 5 years then they will be able to apply for ILR. This is based on your continuing stay under your current or future qualifying visa.
The seven year rule relates to children of parents with no leave under mostly failed asylum claims. It is not going to apply to your dependents.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:18 am

kharadekalyan wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:28 pm
Thanks for reply.
My question should be like this - after completing thier 7 years in uk in May 2026 will both daughters will be eligible for private life route? So that I can plan uk stay accordingly ?

No. There is no automatic 7-year path to ILR for children. The dependant children of migrant workers cannot benefit from the rules under the Appendix Private Life. The only beneficiaries are non-UK born children who have been granted leave under private life. Children of migrant workers will follow the same path as their parents and settle when both parents settle.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice