ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent family application date

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MarkCa
United Kingdom

Dependent family application date

Post by MarkCa » Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:57 pm

Hello,

Main applicant on skilled worker visa will become eligible to apply for ILR in December this year. His Skilled Worker visa ends on 31.12.2024 and he will qualify for ILR mid December (his qualifying period started on 14.1.2020.)

His family (wife and two kids) got visa in July 2020 and it is also ending on 31.12.24. since that is the ending date of his visa. Therefore, it will last for about 4 years and 6 months when it ends.

I am aware that they will need to apply for a 3 year extension before qualifying for ILR.

However, I heard that there may be some "clever hacks" to extend the stay by delaying biometrics.

How long can they do that? If they pay for the visa on 31st of December (and therefore apply on time) can they wait with biometrics for 7-8 months in order to qualify for ILR?

If they can, what would be the next steps? Applying for ILR to create a new valid stay and then canceling extension application and asking for a refund?

Would that work?

Thanks!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Dependent family application date

Post by zimba » Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:08 pm

Applying early is possible if you are short of up to 45 working days for ILR, not more than that. That is the maximum number of days you get to enrol your biometrics before your application is rejected as invalid. In this case, the family members will need to apply for an extension before visa expiry to make up the 6-month shortfall.

How to apply early and benefit from the date of the ILR decision ?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice