ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Current BRC be expires this July and waiting for naturalisation decision

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

BestPie
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Current BRC be expires this July and waiting for naturalisation decision

Post by BestPie » Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:46 pm

Hi,

Im waiting for my citizenship application decision. I submitted the application two months ago, my current BRC card is expiring this July. Im planning a trip this summer and need my BRC to gain entry.

The current BRC card was issued in 2019 when I got pre-settled status but since then I have been granted settled status but I never updated my card.

The pasport my lawyer used first time obtaining the brc was expired last year and has now been replaced with a new one with new pasport number. Would that be an issue? Would that come up as anomly in the records.

The new card would it be brp or would it still be a brc?

Im filling the application rn and there's no option for expired brc cuz technically its not expired. It gives me two options:

1: To upgrade your BRC issued under the EEA regulations to a BRC issued under the EU Settlement Scheme

2: To change from a pre-settled to a settled BRC issued under the EU Settlement Scheme.

How long does this application take?

Do i have to pay any fees for this? And most importantly do i have to attend an appointment? Thanksx

BestPie
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Current BRC be expires this July and waiting for naturalisation decision

Post by BestPie » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:19 pm

??

justanotherchilli
Newly Registered
Mood:
New Zealand

Post by justanotherchilli » Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:54 pm

Hi,
While you're waiting for your decision you should be able to apply for a new Settled Status BRC using this link:
https://www.gov.uk/uk-residence-card/replace.
I recently applied as I switched from pre-settled to Settled status. I had about 1.5 months left on my pre-settled BRC. You'll have to go to a biometric appointment as part of your application. There are free slots but these get booked up really quickly.
When I booked mine I waited for a free slot which was over two weeks after my actual application date so the entire thing was free for me. If you need it faster you'll be able to pay for a biometric appointment sooner.
It took about 6 weeks to get my card from application to delivery but that's inclusive of the time I had to wait for the free biometric appointment.

justanotherchilli
Newly Registered
Mood:
New Zealand

Post by justanotherchilli » Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:01 pm

Also, if you applied for the EU settlement scheme you should have UKVI account to which you can link new travel documents and ID documents.
I have linked my current passport and new BRC to this account. There's info about how to do that here:

https://www.gov.uk/update-uk-visas-immi ... nt-details

Good luck!

BestPie
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by BestPie » Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:41 pm

justanotherchilli wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:54 pm
Hi,
While you're waiting for your decision you should be able to apply for a new Settled Status BRC using this link:
https://www.gov.uk/uk-residence-card/replace.
I recently applied as I switched from pre-settled to Settled status. I had about 1.5 months left on my pre-settled BRC. You'll have to go to a biometric appointment as part of your application. There are free slots but these get booked up really quickly.
When I booked mine I waited for a free slot which was over two weeks after my actual application date so the entire thing was free for me. If you need it faster you'll be able to pay for a biometric appointment sooner.
It took about 6 weeks to get my card from application to delivery but that's inclusive of the time I had to wait for the free biometric appointment.
Hi,

Thanks for the info. I have almost finished my application, still not sure about few things. Did you pay for the application itself cuz mine is saying i dont have to pay, im assuming i might have to pay for biometric or not if free ones are available.

Im not sure about these following questions;

I will provide a declaration signed by me to confirm my consent for the Home Office to request verification checks

Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people?

Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?

These are yes/no questions. For the first one id be a yes not sure about the other two.

Does everyone have to attend the biometric appointment even if its just for a replacement brc?

BestPie
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by BestPie » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:51 pm

Can anyone help out?

justanotherchilli
Newly Registered
Mood:
New Zealand

Post by justanotherchilli » Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:55 pm

Hi,
Sorry I didn't get notification of your question!
Did you get your application sorted out?
I can't remember being asked those questions to be honest but if i were answering i would put

Q2: if it's a joint bank account/bill with your name plus someone else named on the account then I'd put "Yes". Otherwise "No"

Q3: if your name isn't on the evidence document at all and it's the account of a financial sponsor of yours instead of you then I think they're looking for a "Yes" otherwise "No".

And yes to my knowledge everyone needs to provide new biometrics.