ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Limit on staying out of UK?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Limit on staying out of UK?

Post by 01484 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:05 pm

Hi
I am asking on behalf of a friend.
His wife came into UK March 2023 on spouse visa.
She has now gone to Pakistan and is currently 3 months pregnant. She is wanting to stay there and come back after the baby is born meaning in November time.
They are both worried about the visa time limit.
I have looked online and some days 90 days, some say 6 months and reading on this website in a forum it says there's no time limit?
Could someone please confirm that there's no limit on how long she can stay out of the country for please.
Thank you very much for your help and time in reading this.

secret.simon

Re: Limit on staying out of UK?

Post by secret.simon » Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:20 pm

What is the UK immigration status of the her sponsor?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Post by 01484 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:04 pm

He is British born

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:57 am

01484 wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:05 pm
Hi
She has now gone to Pakistan and is currently 3 months pregnant. She is wanting to stay there and come back after the baby is born meaning in November time.
I have looked online and some days 90 days, some say 6 months and reading on this website in a forum it says there's no time limit?
Could someone please confirm that there's no limit on how long she can stay out of the country for please.
There is no absence limit on the spouse visa immigration route however some cohabitation evidence for extension can be affected and BC application (which is not an immigration application) years down the line can be affected by such absences.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:41 pm

01484 wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:05 pm
Hi
Note that she might not be able to come back in November as planned. By my calculations, Nov is 7 months away. Let's say she gives birth in Sept., she still needs to process a British passport for the child or ROA. No telling how long that would take. After all, she can't leave her baby behind.

So it would be good to know in advance that she might spill over into sometime next year easily.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Post by 01484 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:58 pm

Thank you for your reply.
Other than co-habitation is there a risk of visa refusal upon extension in November 2025 simply due to the amount of spent outside the country alone and if there is a risk what documents should be necessary eg doctors note etc

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:32 am

01484 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:58 pm
Thank you for your reply.
Other than co-habitation is there a risk of visa refusal upon extension in November 2025 simply due to the amount of spent outside the country alone and if there is a risk what documents should be necessary eg doctors note etc
Zero risk.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!