ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skilled worker visa after 4th April | Help needed

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

juuilg
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Skilled worker visa after 4th April | Help needed

Post by juuilg » Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:56 am

Hi all, my employer tried to organise a skilled worker visa for me before the 4th of April as my salary doesn't match the new criteria. Unfortunately, they made a mistake when generated a COS (picked ISC exempt instead of liable). They withdrew that COS and tried to assign a new one but realised they didn't have another allocation. They submitted a new cos and a cover letter explaining what happened on 17th Feb but as it takes 18 weeks for it to be approved, we couldn't get it before 4th of April. We tried to send letters for priority service but managed to get a place only on the 4th of April.

I'm waiting for the priority decision now and I'm worried because the salary they submitted in COS was 29000 (it's even less than I earn now). However, even though my salary is bigger, it's still far from £38,700. I checked Gov UK and it looks like you can still earn less "if you got your COS before 4th April". Honestly, I'm confused about the wording and don't understand if I'm still eligible, because I still don't have my COS approved and hopefully it will happen today/tomorrow. But at the same time, we applied for it on 17th Feb.

Could you please suggest if I can apply with that COS when receive it? I don't want to lose money on application fees and priority service.

Thank you so much.

honey1234
United Kingdom

Re: Skilled worker visa after 4th April | Help needed

Post by honey1234 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:06 am

I am sorry , i know its disappointing but "Any CoS assigned on or after 4 April 2024 (for whatever reason) will have to follow new rules explained in Annex SK1 guidance i.e. general minimum threshold £38700.

Your employer shouldnt have withdrawn your CoS at first place. If he selected ISC exempt ,it wasnt really a big issue.I had seen applicants where home office:case worker asked them to contact employer or directly employer to Pay this fees during visa processing time.

juuilg
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by juuilg » Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:28 am

That's tricky because it was assigned on 17th February, but not approved by HomeOffice because of the queue. Do you think it won't work?

juuilg
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by juuilg » Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:48 am

honey1234 wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:06 am
I am sorry , i know its disappointing but "Any CoS assigned on or after 4 April 2024 (for whatever reason) will have to follow new rules explained in Annex SK1 guidance i.e. general minimum threshold £38700.

Your employer shouldnt have withdrawn your CoS at first place. If he selected ISC exempt ,it wasnt really a big issue.I had seen applicants where home office:case worker asked them to contact employer or directly employer to Pay this fees during visa processing time.
Sorry I didn't tag you under the last reply. I'll repeat here: "That's tricky because it was assigned on 17th February, but not approved by HomeOffice because of the queue. Do you think it won't work?"

Also, I'm a bit confused about under 26 rules. I'm 23, so I hope that the other chance to avoid new salary requirements is to use this route. However, it's still not really clear to me. I'm currently in the UK on a "Homes for Ukraine" visa, and I don't understand if you need to be under 26 and this would be enough or if you need to hold a student on a graduate visa to be eligible.

Thank you

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 pm

Once a COS is withdrawn by the Sponsor then it is out of the system. You cannot go back and revise or revisit or try to claim the date of prior submission.
If the COS you have was assigned before 7pm on 4th April the old rules apply.
If it was assigned after that time then the new rules apply. There is no discretion.
As for new entrant you would qualify as you are under 26.
So it all depends on the time and date your COS was assigned to you.

honey1234
United Kingdom

Post by honey1234 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:01 pm

juuilg wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:48 am
honey1234 wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:06 am

Sorry I didn't tag you under the last reply. I'll repeat here: "That's tricky because it was assigned on 17th February, but not approved by HomeOffice because of the queue. Do you think it won't work?"

Also, I'm a bit confused about under 26 rules. I'm 23, so I hope that the other chance to avoid new salary requirements is to use this route. However, it's still not really clear to me. I'm currently in the UK on a "Homes for Ukraine" visa, and I don't understand if you need to be under 26 and this would be enough or if you need to hold a student on a graduate visa to be eligible.

Thank you
Like explained above , once CoS withdrawn cannot be re-used . You need new CoS with new rules.
If you are under 26, according to new rules ,minimum salary is £30960 OR 70 % general threshold - WHICHEVER IS HIGHER ...