ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Andrew1972

Passport Question

Post by Andrew1972 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:16 pm

Hi

So next week my wife will have her citizenship ceremony, and then straight after that we'll be applying for her first British passport

She's actually already had some photos taken which she'd like to use, but they are not digital, so she just has the physical copies.

I understand that if she wants to use those, she will need to apply by post. I know it's not quite as quick as applying online, but does anyone have experience of how much of a delay it is? Is it many weeks longer than applying on online?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Passport Question

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:21 pm

You can still apply online.
You send your original documents and photos to HMPO. It’s not a totally paperless application.

Purely postal application are likely to take longer as there’s more handling of paper involved for digitising.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Andrew1972

Post by Andrew1972 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:32 pm

Thanks, but when you go through the process of applying online it won't let you progress without confirming you have a digital photo?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:36 pm

What is the issue in taking a digital photo? I got a friend to take a picture of me against a plain background and it passed all the tests - or you can go to a booth which will give you a code to upload and it will retrieve the photo automatically. You can also scan the pictures you already have and see if they are suitable for submission.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.