ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Earnings

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

latha24
Newly Registered

Earnings

Post by latha24 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:16 am

Hi,

I am applying for HSMP Tier 1 general, I am working as S/w Engg in TCS. My CTC before tax pay is 5 lakh 10 thousand (5,10,000) I have gone through points calculator i am getting 40 points for earnings.
But my question is when i submit payslips for last 12 months how the visa office will consider my earnings. My pay slip shows total earning per month 35,500 rs only because i will take sodexo meal coupons for 3000 rs and Provident fund which pay by the company will not show on my my payslip.Please help to my question

Thanks
latha

raghava39@rediffmail.com

Post by raghava39@rediffmail.com » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:55 pm

Latha,

CTC does not matter for the Tier-1 Visa process as for most companies CTC and monthly gross varies because of Variable pay and other aspects. The rule clearly says "Gross Income" has to be considered and it is the one printed in the payslip.

Thanks
Raghavendran.G

jack_p

Post by jack_p » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:38 am

Besides payslips, also submit your gross salary certificate or may be a letter from the employer stating your gross salary.

latha24
Newly Registered

Post by latha24 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:18 pm

thank you guys.
latha

harakiri

Post by harakiri » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:22 pm

jack_p wrote:Besides payslips, also submit your gross salary certificate or may be a letter from the employer stating your gross salary.
This is not mandatory as far as you are providing your payslips signed and stamped by your HR/Finance and bank statements showing net salary credited.

latha24
Newly Registered

Post by latha24 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:46 pm

Payslips are mandatory with signature and stamp by HR/Finance, Generally we get payslip generated in our internal site we log with our employee id and take printouts.

Thanks
latha

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:36 pm

latha24 wrote:Payslips are mandatory with signature and stamp by HR/Finance, Generally we get payslip generated in our internal site we log with our employee id and take printouts.

Thanks
latha
Sorry, but is that a query (in that case I did not understand - can you restate please)?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

latha24
Newly Registered

Post by latha24 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:53 am

My query is I am claiming 40 points for earnings. when we submit our last 12 payslips we need to get it sign in all payslips by HR.

Thanks
Latha

jack_p

Post by jack_p » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:53 am

Payslips oly indicate the Net Pay which is actually NOT used for calculating the earning. Its the Gross Pay. The payslips for most companies doesn't mention the gross payat all. Hence what will we provide to substantiate that Rs X is the gross?

raghava39@rediffmail.com

Post by raghava39@rediffmail.com » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:13 am

jack_p wrote:Payslips only indicate the Net Pay which is actually NOT used for calculating the earning.
As we discussed earlier, for most companies gross and CTC varies. For e.g. if we say our CTC is Rs 6.0 Lacs p.a., the first impression that we get is Rs 50000 is the monthly gross. But depending on the break up of the CTC, it may come down to say 42000 p.m. (for most of the big Indian Companies it is indicated in the payslips) then after deductions you end with net salary.

One thing to remember is Gross salary is what we would have been credited to our bank account had there been no deductions like TDS , Professional tax etc.

Thanks
Raghavendran.G

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:01 am

jack_p wrote:Payslips oly indicate the Net Pay which is actually NOT used for calculating the earning. Its the Gross Pay. The payslips for most companies doesn't mention the gross payat all. Hence what will we provide to substantiate that Rs X is the gross?
I would say most of the pay slips actually show gross salary and then deductions, both are then used to arrive at the net salary. advise yo check your pay slips again - all items appearing before deductions section (except for reimbursements) add up to the gross salary.
regards,
push

latha24
Newly Registered

Post by latha24 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:36 pm

Hi,

For earning's proof i need to submit my monthly 12 statement's which i receive from bank or i need to take one statement from bank consist of all transaction in one statement.

Please suggest.

Thanks
Latha

QEF8DD

Deleting this one ..Posting fresh message..

Post by QEF8DD » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:17 pm

Delete

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:36 pm

latha24 wrote:Hi,

For earning's proof i need to submit my monthly 12 statement's which i receive from bank or i need to take one statement from bank consist of all transaction in one statement.

Please suggest.

Thanks
Latha
If you have monthly statements as sent by the Bank you are good and dont need the consolidated statements
regards,
push

latha24
Newly Registered

Post by latha24 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:41 am

Hi,

My company provides Pay slips and Annual increment letter through online where we can take printouts and use , Do I require HR signature and stamp on payslips and increment letter.
Please let me know if any one face the same problem.

Regards
Latha
India

hsmp28122006
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp28122006 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:44 am

latha24 wrote:Hi,

My company provides Pay slips and Annual increment letter through online where we can take printouts and use , Do I require HR signature and stamp on payslips and increment letter.
Please let me know if any one face the same problem.

Regards
Latha
India
Yes, you DO need stamp + signature if it's online payslip.

krishna.sukasi

Post by krishna.sukasi » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:39 am

Take printout of the online payslips and get the sign from ur account HR and they will guide to the place where to get the stamp.

And w.r.t Sodexo passes, u wud not be having any proof to show as u can change the amount for sodexo passes online.

And moreover tcs is reluctant to give any letter stating the gross sal or net sal.

So if ur gross sal defined in payslip is sufficient for meeting the points(75) dont worry abt sodexo passes.

So finally u can submit 2 proofs

1. Payslips signed and stamped
2.ICICI bankstatement signed and stamped. Moreover u can get a letter from ICICI stating that ur tcs sal gets credited to ur ICICI account
Submitted on: Feb5th
VFS:Bangalore
:) :) :)

coolsats
BANNED

Post by coolsats » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:10 pm

Guys even i got one query.

Do we need to submit the Offer Letter. Is it mandatory.
Pls clear my doubt.

krishna.sukasi

Post by krishna.sukasi » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:23 am

It is not mandatory. U need to show two proofs for ur earnings from different sources

1. Letter stating ur gross and net sal for ur earnings / Salary slips signed and stamped from ur employer
2. BankStatement signed and stamped

Offer letter is jus an additional proof...not mandatory

coolsats wrote:Guys even i got one query.

Do we need to submit the Offer Letter. Is it mandatory.
Pls clear my doubt.
Submitted on: Feb5th
VFS:Bangalore
:) :) :)

latha24
Newly Registered

Post by latha24 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:04 am

Hi Guys,

I don’t know how you guys maintaining with account HR.
How come they accept if you go and ask HR for sign and seal we need to explain the purpose. If we explain the purpose for applying visa they will not accept definitely right

Regards
Latha
krishna.sukasi wrote:Take printout of the online payslips and get the sign from ur account HR and they will guide to the place where to get the stamp.

And w.r.t Sodexo passes, u wud not be having any proof to show as u can change the amount for sodexo passes online.

And moreover tcs is reluctant to give any letter stating the gross sal or net sal.

So if ur gross sal defined in payslip is sufficient for meeting the points(75) dont worry abt sodexo passes.

So finally u can submit 2 proofs

1. Payslips signed and stamped
2.ICICI bankstatement signed and stamped. Moreover u can get a letter from ICICI stating that ur tcs sal gets credited to ur ICICI account

nksg

Post by nksg » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:47 am

Not sure on the procedure now but when i applied for my initial HSMP i told my HR that i need these statements for the house loan in India.. Since i was in country application it worked for me.. but if you are applying from India.. i think they call your HR to verify the documents.. People appliyng from India can aswer better..

All the best..

[quote="latha24"]Hi Guys,

I don’t know how you guys maintaining with account HR.
How come they accept if you go and ask HR for sign and seal we need to explain the purpose. If we explain the purpose for applying visa they will not accept definitely right

Regards
Latha

[quote="krishna.sukasi"]Take printout of the online payslips and get the sign from ur account HR and they will guide to the place where to get the stamp.