ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of living in UK - P60

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Messiah
Newly Registered
South Africa

Proof of living in UK - P60

Post by Messiah » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:20 am

Hi, I would someone be able to answer this question please, just for context I am applying for Neutralisation (British Citizenship), currently have Indefinite leave to remain.

One of the documents required is to prove you have been living in the UK for 5 years, with no big gaps. I have 4 years of P60’s as I cannot find the one for 2019. Would it be sufficient to provide the 4 P60’s and then use HMRC to show Income Tax records for 2019

OR - could I just provide payslips for 2019 as I don’t have the P60.

I am not sure if all documents needs to be the same type to show you have been living here for 5 years. Just really unsure on how to get hold of my P60 for 2019 as I may have lost it.

Help would be really appreciated. I have already paid for my application just waiting to check documents.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Proof of living in UK - P60

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:27 am

As ILR holder your passport(s) covering the residency period are sufficient. No additional documts.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Messiah
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Messiah » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:52 am

Okay cool, Thank you so in that case would I need to scan each page of my passport?

Also, if I wanted to add Additional documents could I do it the way I mentioned above? 4 years of P60’s and 1 year of payslips?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:57 am

Yes each page. Why add additional documents? Of course you are free to add anything you wish but it’s not an immigration application where you have to document lots of information.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:49 am

If your passport gets stamped at the border and it covers the qualifying period that will be enough. If not, you can provide 4 pP60s and one year of payslips as you say.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Messiah
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Messiah » Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:28 pm

Thank you for your advice. Really helpful :)