ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CoS assigned before 4th April but salary threshold increased

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nur11
Newly Registered
Morocco

CoS assigned before 4th April but salary threshold increased

Post by Nur11 » Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:28 pm

Hello,
My employer assigned me a salary of 39k on 2nd April, but with the new rules in place and ongoing rate I have to meet a salary of atleast 42k for the lower ongoing rate ( as CoS was assigned before 4th of April, otherwise standard rate is 46k).
Question: does the employer need to add a note on the CoS if they wish to increase my salary in order to meet the new lower going rate or will it become invalid and they need to issue me a new one ? ( clearly the latter is more of a hassle 😕 )

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: CoS assigned before 4th April but salary threshold increased

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:22 pm

Do you know what time the COS was assigned - before or after 7pm?

saqibsarwani
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by saqibsarwani » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:47 am

I am on same boat but my COS was issued on 29th March and I completed application on 31st March but biometrics completed on 4th April. Now Home office asked my employer to confirm about salary.However, Salary is mentioned clearly on COS. Not sure what to reply..

saqibsarwani
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by saqibsarwani » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:52 am

Frontier Mole wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:22 pm
I am on same boat but my COS was issued on 29th March and I completed application on 31st March but biometrics completed on 4th April. Now Home office asked my employer to confirm about salary.However, Salary is mentioned clearly on COS. Not sure what to reply..

honey1234
United Kingdom

Post by honey1234 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:04 am

saqibsarwani wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:52 am
Frontier Mole wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:22 pm
You CoS was assigned before 3 April 2024 and it is very clear from policy guidance that existing immigration rules would apply to you.
You employer should reply them with same above statement. HO only wants to clarify from employer if they would like to change salary, Employer might have not followed previous salary threshold or perhaps he is a confused case worker.
Just to let you know, Not all employer getting these emails. Don't confuse yourself with CoS, Immigration rules. They can not refuse your application if you got CoS before 3 April 2024 and your Salary was according to the previos threshold.

saqibsarwani
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by saqibsarwani » Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:19 pm

Thanks for your help. Employer followed previous threshold level and I have verified it as well. So employer should reply considering old salary levels and explain this to case worker. Hope it will work

honey1234
United Kingdom

Post by honey1234 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:36 pm

saqibsarwani wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:19 pm
Thanks for your help. Employer followed previous threshold level and I have verified it as well. So employer should reply considering old salary levels and explain this to case worker. Hope it will work
Yes , you got it :-) .