ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

COS and Application submitted earlier but biometrics completed on 4th April [Help Needed]]

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

saqibsarwani
Newly Registered
Pakistan

COS and Application submitted earlier but biometrics completed on 4th April [Help Needed]]

Post by saqibsarwani » Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:50 am

Hi,
I have applied for skilled worker visa from outside UK. I got my COS on 29th March and I submitted application on 31st March, however, Biometric was done on 4th April. After 4th April my SOC is changed and its salary range also changed. On 7th April my employer received email from FCDO to confirm them about salary. Salary was mentioned clearly on COS so why are they asking it again? Further on UK Gov website its mentioned that if your COS is assigned before 4th April then lower level of salary will be applied. My Current salary mentioned on COS is around 2000 GBP less than that level. My employer agrees to pay higher but they are not able to change anything in COS. So what should they do? Should they mention in email that they are increasing salary to meet new requirements or we should mention old salary which is already mentioned on COS? Your help and guidance will be much appreciated

saqibsarwani
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: COS and Application submitted earlier but biometrics completed on 4th April [Help Needed]]

Post by saqibsarwani » Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:21 pm

Any Help?? Will appreciate if someone an share their experience or have information about it.

Thanks

honey1234
United Kingdom

Re: COS and Application submitted earlier but biometrics completed on 4th April [Help Needed]]

Post by honey1234 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:44 am

saqibsarwani wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:50 am
Hi,
I have applied for skilled worker visa from outside UK. I got my COS on 29th March and I submitted application on 31st March, however, Biometric was done on 4th April. After 4th April my SOC is changed and its salary range also changed. On 7th April my employer received email from FCDO to confirm them about salary. Salary was mentioned clearly on COS so why are they asking it again? Further on UK Gov website its mentioned that if your COS is assigned before 4th April then lower level of salary will be applied. My Current salary mentioned on COS is around 2000 GBP less than that level. My employer agrees to pay higher but they are not able to change anything in COS. So what should they do? Should they mention in email that they are increasing salary to meet new requirements or we should mention old salary which is already mentioned on COS? Your help and guidance will be much appreciated
Home office just asking if employer wants to change the salary before they access the application, not many applicant getting this emails. If you had applied according to Pre April Immigration rules and your salary threshold was right at the time of application then no need to worry about it. Forget about biometric date, the day which matters is when you apply (in this case when your CoS was issued).
Beside that, if you employer wants to increase your salary that's the different case . He can reply back to case worker and can confirm your new salary. Also, if employer can see your Live CoS in the SMS system then he can also increase your salary in the sponsor Notes. . I hope it helps . Cheers !