ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT ASSISTANCE NEEDED FOR SOC CODE ISSUES FOR DCOS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jay090
Newly Registered
Pakistan

URGENT ASSISTANCE NEEDED FOR SOC CODE ISSUES FOR DCOS

Post by Jay090 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:38 am

I recently accepted a job offer in the car showroom industry. My employer applied for a DCOS on January 15, 2024, using SOC 2010 code 3545 (Sales Accounts and Business Development Manager) with a salary of £35,000. Despite waiting until April 4, the application remained under review and was eventually cancelled. They reapplied on April 5, 2024, with the same role but under the new SOC 2020 code 3556 (Sales Accounts and Business Development Manager), this time with a salary of £39,000.

This application was rejected for the following reason:

**Reason for Decision**: The salary does not meet the going rate for Option A.

My employer then decided to reapply using SOC 2020 code 1150 (Managers and directors in retail and wholesale) with the same salary of £39,000, explaining me that my job duties fit both SOC codes. They believe this approach might be more successful.

I urgently need advice on this matter, as my employer is handling all applications independently without consulting a solicitor. I have been waiting to start this job for a long time, and it is becoming increasingly stressful.

Is my employer taking the right steps, or is there another course of action we should consider?

Many thanks.

honey1234
United Kingdom

Re: URGENT ASSISTANCE NEEDED FOR SOC CODE ISSUES FOR DCOS

Post by honey1234 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:54 pm

Jay090 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:38 am
I recently accepted a job offer in the car showroom industry. My employer applied for a DCOS on January 15, 2024, using SOC 2010 code 3545 (Sales Accounts and Business Development Manager) with a salary of £35,000. Despite waiting until April 4, the application remained under review and was eventually cancelled. They reapplied on April 5, 2024, with the same role but under the new SOC 2020 code 3556 (Sales Accounts and Business Development Manager), this time with a salary of £39,000.

My employer then decided to reapply using SOC 2020 code 1150 (Managers and directors in retail and wholesale) with the same salary of £39,000, explaining me that my job duties fit both SOC codes. They believe this approach might be more successful.

I urgently need advice on this matter, as my employer is handling all applications independently without consulting a solicitor. I have been waiting to start this job for a long time, and it is becoming increasingly stressful.

Is my employer taking the right steps, or is there another course of action we should consider?

Many thanks.
In order to answer your question i first need to ask couple of things from you to understand your point of view.
Did your employer give your detail at the time of applying DCoS or not ? If Yes what sort of detail ? Only Name and DOB or your skill set as well?

Jay090
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Jay090 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:35 pm

In order to answer your question i first need to ask couple of things from you to understand your point of view.
Did your employer give your detail at the time of applying DCoS or not ? If Yes what sort of detail ? Only Name and DOB or your skill set as well?
[/quote]

"They didn't provide any of the details when applying for DCOS. They only mentioned the job description, not my name, date of birth, or skill set."

Jay090
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Jay090 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:51 pm

honey1234 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:54 pm
Jay090 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:38 am

Many thanks.

"They didn't provide any of the details when applying for DCOS. They only mentioned the job description, not my name, date of birth, or skill set."

honey1234
United Kingdom

Post by honey1234 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:28 pm

Your Employer is not making any mistake this time. Salary is £39000 which is above minimum threshold and going rate for SOC1150 according to new rules. You should be ok .

I hope it helps .

Jay090
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Jay090 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:17 pm

honey1234 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:28 pm
Your Employer is not making any mistake this time. Salary is £39000 which is above minimum threshold and going rate for SOC1150 according to new rules. You should be ok .

I hope it helps .
I was actually wondering if changing the SOC code from 3556 to 1150 will not be an issue, as the job description remains the same.

honey1234
United Kingdom

Post by honey1234 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:53 pm

Jay090 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:17 pm
honey1234 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:28 pm

I hope it helps .
I was actually wondering if changing the SOC code from 3556 to 1150 will not be an issue, as the job description remains the same.
NO . Not at all !
YouR employer has got all rights to hire anyone for any SOC code as long as it's an eligible occupational code for skilled Visa. Could have been an issue if he had mentioned your detail with different SOC code and now he has changed it.

I was wondering how are you so frank with your potential employer that he's sharing all this company details with you along with HO replies .