ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier1(dependant).........please help me

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

venky72
Newly Registered

tier1(dependant).........please help me

Post by venky72 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:57 pm

dear all,
iam in UK on student visa now.my wife came to UK as student dependant and recently she switched her visa to tier1(general) in the home country.now i would like to switch my visa to tier1 dependant.i called HO today they said that i need to go to my home country to switch my visa to tier1 dependant.since from the begining iam on student visa, so is it necessary to go to my home country to switch my visa.please guide me.
thank you all.

push
United Kingdom

Re: tier1(dependant).........please help me

Post by push » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:28 pm

venky72 wrote:dear all,
iam in UK on student visa now.my wife came to UK as student dependant and recently she switched her visa to tier1(general) in the home country.now i would like to switch my visa to tier1 dependant.i called HO today they said that i need to go to my home country to switch my visa to tier1 dependant.since from the begining iam on student visa, so is it necessary to go to my home country to switch my visa.please guide me.
thank you all.
I think the response you got from HO is correct. Please see below:

Switching into the route for Family Members of Points Based System Migrants -Switching is permitted when applying as a family member who currently holds leave as the partner or child of a person who had leave under another category and who has since been granted, or is, at the same time, being granted leave to remain as a Relevant Points Based System Migrant.

&

How you can switch in to the dependant routeYou can apply for permission to stay here as the dependant of a highly skilled worker without having to leave the United Kingdom and apply for entry clearance if your last grant of entry clearance or permission to stay here was as the partner or child of:

an innovator;
a participant in the Fresh Talent: Working in Scotland Scheme;
a participant in the International Graduates Scheme (or the previous Science and Engineering Graduates Scheme);
a postgraduate doctor or dentist,
a student;
a student nurse;
a student re-sitting an examination;
a student writing up a thesis; or
a work permit holder.

Unfortunately no other permissible categories have been specified :(

venky72
Newly Registered

list of documents for tier1 dependant..........pls do check

Post by venky72 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:25 pm

dear friends,
iam planning to apply for tier1 dependant visa from INDIA.iam giving list of documents below.please do check them and let me know if iam missing any other documents.
Thank you somuch.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. VAF10----APPLICATION FORM
2. BIOMETRICS,PHOTOS AND FEE
3. COPY OF APPOINTMENT FOR BIOMETRICS
4. MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE
5. BANK STATEMENTS FOR MAINTENANCE REQUIREMENTS
6.PASSPORT
7.PHOTOCOPIES OF SPOUSE'S PASSPORT
8.TENANCY AGREEMENT
9.COVER LETTER
[/b]

venky72
Newly Registered

about documents for tier1 dependant

Post by venky72 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:22 am

dear friends,
apart from the documents mentioned in my earlier i would also like to submit my fixed deposits which iam maintaining since couple of years.and could you please clarify me that shall i need to submit my student record, because till now iam in student visa in UK
thank you somuch
-------------------please advice me for my doubts.

venky72
Newly Registered

tier1 dependant documents

Post by venky72 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:47 pm

dear friends,
iam applying for tier1 dependant visa soon from INDAI.till now iam on student visa in UK.recently my spouse has got tier1 general.when applying for tier1 dependant for myself, shall i need to submit my up to date student progress in UK i mean the all the qualifications i achieved so far, please guide me.

push
United Kingdom

Re: tier1 dependant documents

Post by push » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:43 pm

venky72 wrote:dear friends,
iam applying for tier1 dependant visa soon from INDAI.till now iam on student visa in UK.recently my spouse has got tier1 general.when applying for tier1 dependant for myself, shall i need to submit my up to date student progress in UK i mean the all the qualifications i achieved so far, please guide me.
Not at all. Your sole qualification for Tier 1 dependent route is your relationship with the main applicant. Just focus on providing proof of that and availability of maintenance fund. Fill up the application form and provide whatever is required in desirable format - thats it. Why do you want to provide your academic report? Is there a specific purpose for that?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

venky72
Newly Registered

supporting documents for dependant visa

Post by venky72 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:08 pm

hi pushsmp,
thank u somuch for your quick reply.in VAF10 form question 6.8:have you made an application to the homeoffice to remain in the UK in the last 10 years?
date reason for application granted/refused reference number
------------------------------
for the above question i need to answer YES, because i extended my student visa 3 times within the UK.i will write the date reason is student granted and reference number.
---------------------------------
for the above information i provided, i thought that i need to submit my certificates as evidence to support this.
so if you don't mind, could you please look in to this and please give me advice
once again thank u somuch.

push
United Kingdom

Re: supporting documents for dependant visa

Post by push » Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:24 pm

venky72 wrote:hi pushsmp,
thank u somuch for your quick reply.in VAF10 form question 6.8:have you made an application to the homeoffice to remain in the UK in the last 10 years?
date reason for application granted/refused reference number
------------------------------
for the above question i need to answer YES, because i extended my student visa 3 times within the UK.i will write the date reason is student granted and reference number.
---------------------------------
for the above information i provided, i thought that i need to submit my certificates as evidence to support this.
so if you don't mind, could you please look in to this and please give me advice
once again thank u somuch.
They do not ask for any proof in this regard. If you provide information re your stay as a student and subsequent extensions they would be able to dig out all the info from your immigration history on their own. Now if there was an overstay/contentious thing etc. then you must explain it in the space provided, in detail, and if you think words are not enough, attach proofs as deemed necessary.
regards,
push

venky72
Newly Registered

Post by venky72 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:37 pm

thak u somuch push_hsmp

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:10 pm

hope you have seen the associated guidance notes
regards,
push

moonfog

Post by moonfog » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:31 am

Posted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:48 pm Post subject: Dependant of Tier1 General Jan 09 processing times

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all,

I am planning to apply for my Dependant of Tier1 general in mid January.
I would really appreciate if you can put any relevant information and the propcessing times for your applications.

I am really scared about the whole process as my husband got his tier1 only a month back and is now in UK but has not yet got a job.

Can anybody tell me if this would affect my application?

I am showing the maintenance funds in my husbands account (gbp2800+1600)

I want to join my husband asap, any idea how longt it is taking for processing the dependant visa?

Looking forward for you all to share your views and concerns and we can probably help each other out in this tocherous waiting period of the application process(before and after)

Cheers

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:11 am

moonfog wrote:
I am really scared about the whole process as my husband got his tier1 only a month back and is now in UK but has not yet got a job.

Can anybody tell me if this would affect my application?
No it wont
moonfog wrote:I am showing the maintenance funds in my husbands account (gbp2800+1600)

I want to join my husband asap, any idea how longt it is taking for processing the dependant visa?
2/4 weeks is what we have been hearing from ppl
regards,
push