ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CSEP without an underlying permission

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

notme
Ireland

CSEP without an underlying permission

Post by notme » Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:52 pm

My current permission expired 2 months back. I was in the state based on a pending EU Treaty Rights Application. The Application was rejected on Thursday and gave me 15 working days to either appeal or the file would be transferred to deportation unit. I will appeal (though nothing would change given my circumstances) but I ALSO filed for a CSEP the very next day. I have been given CSEP for exactly same job 2 years back so it should not be rejected for reasons like this does not fall under any category etc. As they have already set a precedence of allowing it.

Now I have been told that CSEP is not easy to get if you dont have an underlying permission. Is this the case. I am wondering how do then people get CSEP from there own country ? Is this analogy wrong

snowhit3
Newly Registered
India

Re: CSEP without an underlying permission

Post by snowhit3 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:12 pm

If you are residing in Ireland and applying for CSEP, then yeah. Your IRP card needs to be valid at least on the day CSEP application was submitted (from what I have heard from other people's experience)

For people applying from overseas, it's not required as they are not in Ireland yet.

snowhit3
Newly Registered
India

Post by snowhit3 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:13 pm

notme wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:52 pm
My current permission expired 2 months back. I was in the state based on a pending EU Treaty Rights Application. The Application was rejected on Thursday and gave me 15 working days to either appeal or the file would be transferred to deportation unit. I will appeal (though nothing would change given my circumstances) but I ALSO filed for a CSEP the very next day. I have been given CSEP for exactly same job 2 years back so it should not be rejected for reasons like this does not fall under any category etc. As they have already set a precedence of allowing it.

Now I have been told that CSEP is not easy to get if you dont have an underlying permission. Is this the case. I am wondering how do then people get CSEP from there own country ? Is this analogy wrong
Quick question, you mentioned you held a CSEP in the past, so did you hold that for 21months so you were eligible for stamp4?

notme
Ireland

Post by notme » Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:22 pm

No wasnt eligible for Stamp 4. Thus applied for a EUTR Application. Before my last permission expired. They never gave me a temporary permission. But sent an email saying you are allowed to stay whilst a pending application. If this would have been accepted, I would not need the CSEP. As soon as I told my prospective employer we filed a CSEP. well within the 15 days limit.
snowhit3 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:12 pm
Your IRP card
Is it actually IRP card ? while I dont have an IRP card or permission. But I was allowed to stay and still have few working days left to file for an appeal on EUTR. Which I will anyways but I have to start working too hence the CSEP.