ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documentation query for visitor visa - kindly help

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

GauravB86
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Documentation query for visitor visa - kindly help

Post by GauravB86 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:43 pm

Dear All - I am applying visitor visa for my parents to visit in the UK from India. I am a British Citizen and will be sponsoring the entire trip for them as my dad is now retired and depends on pension. Below are the list of documents they are asking us to provide. Please confirm what information I can provide?

1. Evidence of funds available to you, and which are clearly accessible by you - Can I provide my bank account details and last 6 months salary?

2. Evidence of support you will receive from your sponsor including details of what support is being provided and how - What shall I provide here?

3. Evidence of the relationship, if any, between you and your sponsor - can i give my marriage certificate where my father's name is listed?

4. Evidence that your sponsor is not, or will not be, in breach of UK immigration laws at the time of your visit - What shall I provide here?

5. Invitation from your UK based family or friend(s) and evidence of their permission to be in the UK - can I just write a cover letter than I am willing to sponsor the entire trip?

meself2
Ireland

Re: Documentation query for visitor visa - kindly help

Post by meself2 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:48 pm

GauravB86 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:43 pm
1. Evidence of funds available to you, and which are clearly accessible by you - Can I provide my bank account details and last 6 months salary?
That will be not in their favour, as they have no money to come back to India for -> no reason for them to return, so their likelihood of success will decrease. See eg post2115188.html#p2115188
I
have acknowledged that your sponsor in the UK are willing to provide adequate
support for a limited visit to the United Kingdom; however it is your circumstances
and intentions which are paramount in assessing your application
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

GauravB86
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by GauravB86 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:12 pm

Thank you for your response. In that case, kindly advice what proof of documents I can provide?

My father is a pensioner and gets approx 4800 GBP per month. Additionally, he has got a fixed deposit in a bank worth 12000 GBP.

Kindly advice what documents shall I provide or shall I tick the option 'I do not have any other income or savings'?

GauravB86
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by GauravB86 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:27 pm

Also, I understand I need to submit separate application for my mother. However she is a housewife with no income or saving. How can I prove evidence of funds for her? Kindly advice

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:09 pm

If your father in law is receiving £4800 per month surely he is in a position to pay for their own flights etc without your sponsorship. It would make things much simpler for the application. They will have to provide their bank account statements no matter whether you sponsor their trip or not.
The mother provides the same financial information as the father and references to him as his wife.