ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MP received application approval status but I haven’t

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

justanothername
Newly Registered

MP received application approval status but I haven’t

Post by justanothername » Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:08 pm

Hello,

It’s been 7 months and two weeks since we submitted naturalisation application for me and my family. I had sent numerous emails to the email address listed in this forum along with asking my MP to follow up.

MP has finally received an update from home office which he has forwarded me that’s states the application was approved on 8th April and that I will receive a ceremony invitation.

I am aware that many people do not receive the approval but I wanted to understand how long does it usually take for ceremony invitation to be received and who send it. Would it be home office or the council. Also should I follow up or just sit tight until I receive the invitation?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: MP received application approval status but I haven’t

Post by contorted_svy » Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:04 pm

It usually comes from the home office, though you can try contacting your council and see if they have received your certificate/can book the ceremony with them. You will need your approval email from the hoe office to attend the ceremony.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

PM74Juve
United Kingdom

Re: MP received application approval status but I haven’t

Post by PM74Juve » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:01 pm

My understanding is the Home Office seem to batch process approval emails each Monday so I would think there is a good chance you'll get it tomorrow.

The Council (your local one unless you nominated otherwise) in the meantime should have been sent your Certificate by the Home Office and they should be informing you when they get it so that you can book ceremony with them (where you will attend to receive the certificate and become British)... however some councils seem more proactive than others and so may need to contact them first.