ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLRM - Does sponsor need to be in the UK and does gift need to be declared again?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

icewater992
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

FLRM - Does sponsor need to be in the UK and does gift need to be declared again?

Post by icewater992 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:36 pm

Hello, we are going to be applying for spouse visa renewal this month and would appreciate if we can get any advice regarding below:

1. My spouse ( sponsor ) is temporarily overseas due to family reasons. Does she need to be inside the UK when I submit my FLRM application online and also at the time of my biometrics appointment?

2. During the initial entry clearance application, we used cash savings route with half the amount gifted by parents. The amount is still in the same account, untouched. In the renewal application, do we need to declare this gift again and show bank statements from the time when gift was transferred into the account?

Thank you.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: FLRM - Does sponsor need to be in the UK and does gift need to be declared again?

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:29 am

icewater992 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:36 pm
Hello, we are going to be applying for spouse visa renewal this month and would appreciate if we can get any advice regarding below:

1. My spouse ( sponsor ) is temporarily overseas due to family reasons. Does she need to be inside the UK when I submit my FLRM application online and also at the time of my biometrics appointment? No, she does not need to be in UK for this.

2. During the initial entry clearance application, we used cash savings route with half the amount gifted by parents. The amount is still in the same account, untouched. In the renewal application, do we need to declare this gift again and show bank statements from the time when gift was transferred into the account? IMHO will say yes as the requirements as for it source to be declared.

Thank you.