ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance Funds off by one day? - URGENT!

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lizsmith
Newly Registered

Maintenance Funds off by one day? - URGENT!

Post by lizsmith » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:23 pm

Friend is applying for extension of post study worker from inside the UK (IGS to PSW). Current visa is "valid until" January 15th. Her account never dropped under £800 as of October 16th. The £800+ funds are being held in UK account with NatWest.

Questions:

1. Can friend apply on January 15th or is January 14th last day to apply?

2. Will October 16th thru' January 15th qualify as 3 months maintenance funds? If not, will they be lenient if off by one day? I can provide proof by my bank in Canada that I sent funds to my friend on October 13th but funds did not post to her statement in UK until October 16th. Should I send that off to my friend to submit with the application? In the alternative, can she have Natwest trace the wire? In the past, the wires have posted on the next business day; I have a feeling that Natwest received the funds on October 15th but did not post to her account 'til October 16th.

4. As I am unfamiliar with UK banking, assuming 3 months maintenance funds are OK, should friend go to Natwest in the a.m. on the 15th to obtain documentation and if so, what should she obtain? Or, should she start as of right now? She has statements for Nov (showing the October 16th posting of the wire), Dec but may not receive the January statement in time.

5. Finally, as the home office website states that the application date is the date of posting, should friend post application immediately after obtaining documents from Natwest on the 15th (and if so, by express mail or regular mail) or should she make an appointment with Public Enquiry Bureau for the afternoon of the 15th?

I have a second option but will post that depending on response to this one as I really don't want to go that other route.

Sorry for the long post. Any suggestions/answers would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!! Thx!!!