ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of jobs while meeting Spouse Visa financial requirements

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

OneTrickPony
United Kingdom

Change of jobs while meeting Spouse Visa financial requirements

Post by OneTrickPony » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:45 am

I'm a British Citizen trying to bring my wife to the UK from the Philippines and she is pregnant currently. We really want to get her a spouse visa asap because scared that the threshold will be increased to £34,500 soon (date unknown (?). Plus if she gives birth there we will then need to wait for our child's British passport application which I do not know how long it may take since apparently we can only apply for it from abroad if the child's location is abroad (?). As you may already know, currently I need to meet 29k per year sponsorship salary requirements for wife's visa. Untill 19 February 2024  I was relying mostly on Universal Credit and only did some part time job (only £300-400 per month on average). I started a full time work on 19 February 2024 but shortly after that I left that job on 6th March 2024 because that employer was really dishonest about my contract agreement and after couple of weeks anounced that they would be decreasing my payrate (actually unbelievable). So I quickly left and started another job with another employer on 7th March 2024 and employed by them until now. Salary that I earned so far from both employments I received only first days of April 5 or 7 April. By my calculation all the money I earned so far and will be earning onwards are exceeding £29000 per year (gross). Would my wife be able to apply for her spouse visa on 19th of August (exactly 6 months since I started working for my 1st employer)? If not when would be the earliest date we can apply?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Change of jobs while meeting Spouse Visa financial requirements

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:56 pm

You need six continuous months of payslips from your current employer and six months of bank statements that show your salaries being paid in.
You can apply as soon as you meet the requirements, so it all depends on the gathering of the evidence once you have completed your six months of employment.