ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extend or Update visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nunof
Newly Registered
Portugal

Extend or Update visa

Post by nunof » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:18 pm

Dear all,

My name is Nuno and I’m Portuguese. I’m new to this forum and I have found this forum helpful for some questions that I had. For that reason I thought it could help me to understand a few things about visa extensions or updates.

Long story short I work for the council as an Assistant Educational Psychologist and my visa ends on the 1st of September 2024. They wish to renew my contract and therefore my visa for 2 more years.
However due to the latest immigration changes I’m having some doubts about what to do.
I thought that I should simply apply for extension on my current visa since my job and employer didn’t change but the Gov updated their list of SOC. On my first CoS the code was 2212-Psychologists but now I realised since the 4 of April that the code changed for 2226 - Other Psychologists.

In this case would I need to apply for Updating my visa instead of extension?
Is the updating visa process similar to the extension?

Many thanks to you all :D

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Extend or Update visa

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:23 pm

There is only one process, an extension. There is no such thing as 'updating' a visa. It is a new CoS and a visa extension.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nunof
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by nunof » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:58 pm

Thank you for your help ! I was just confused since the UK GOV website suggests to “Update the visa” and refers as a different process compared to the Extension.

Many thanks once again

ska_abbas

Post by ska_abbas » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:17 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:23 pm
There is only one process, an extension. There is no such thing as 'updating' a visa. It is a new CoS and a visa extension.
But the Skilled Worker visa website gives two options; Update your visa if change in employment, job etc. or Extend visa if the job/employment is the same. Are you saying there is same process for both/at the back end?