ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Retention of SA nationality??

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Siggi

Retention of SA nationality??

Post by Siggi » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:07 pm

Has anyone applied for retention of SA nationality recently as I did via post?
According to the SA Home Affairs site it normally take ten days for a reply.
I applied on the 5th Nov and still have had no reply. :twisted:

Strontiumboy
Newly Registered

Post by Strontiumboy » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:26 am

Hello there

I did my application by post, I believe I sent it away around about beginning of August, just after applying for British Citizenship in fact! (Didn't know I had to ask)

I received my Citizenship Confirmation and my permission from SA Home Affairs at about the same time (28 October!)

I would just forget about it and it will get to you when it does, to be honest, when you read 10 days on the website, did you reaaaally think it was a realistic timescale?

It seems more like formality, but beeter to get permission than forgiveness in this case. Good luck.

Patrick

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:46 pm

Hi Patrick,
Thanks for your words of encouragement, ok so I won't worry then, just seems like a long time too wait.
Regards,
Siggi

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:26 pm

For everyone information.
My wife had to go to SA House to submit for a new SA passport yesterday, which went smoothly.
She also asked about our Retention of SA Nationality, which had been submitted by post in Nov 08.
Well suprise suprise, it had all been approved but the enclosed envelope sent with the application was not a register letter.
So they never sent it out or even send a letter saying it could be collected or that it was approved.
Anyhow all well that end's well I now have my letter, which I will put away in a safe place.