ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for canadian immigration. Will it affect UK ILR?

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

need_a_tier1

Applying for canadian immigration. Will it affect UK ILR?

Post by need_a_tier1 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:01 pm

I am am Indian citizen and live & work in the UK on a UK Tier-1 visa. As per the present rules, I will be eligible to apply for UK ILR after 5 years of my "lawful residence" in the UK, which is three years from now in my case.

I am planning to apply for canadian immigration under the "Skilled workers and professionals" category. I plan to apply from London. Also, I have come to know that the general application processing time for canadian immigration applications is around 1 to 1.5 years.

However, I am wondering that will applying for canadian immigration will in any way harm my UK ILR application (if I decide to file the ILR application 3 years from now).

I haven't decided yet that which way I will go - UK or Canada, there are no jobs in Canada as well and normally also the IT job market in Canada is not as good as here in the UK, but applying for canadian immigration at this points looks like a wise decision to me.

Any comments or help will be greatly appreciated.

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:00 am

minpatel78
Newly Registered

no problemo

Post by minpatel78 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:53 pm

i got canadian pr and living uk on tier 1, i just extended my visa not a problem...

minpatel78
Newly Registered

why u want to go canda

Post by minpatel78 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:54 pm

hi why u want to go canada?
i am same dilema and i been theire 2 weeks... i have a good job in uk cofuse.com i am.
can we talk mynumber is 07956172920

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Re: Applying for canadian immigration. Will it affect UK ILR

Post by mktsoi » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:48 am

need_a_tier1 wrote:I am am Indian citizen and live & work in the UK on a UK Tier-1 visa. As per the present rules, I will be eligible to apply for UK ILR after 5 years of my "lawful residence" in the UK, which is three years from now in my case.

I am planning to apply for canadian immigration under the "Skilled workers and professionals" category. I plan to apply from London. Also, I have come to know that the general application processing time for canadian immigration applications is around 1 to 1.5 years.

However, I am wondering that will applying for canadian immigration will in any way harm my UK ILR application (if I decide to file the ILR application 3 years from now).

I haven't decided yet that which way I will go - UK or Canada, there are no jobs in Canada as well and normally also the IT job market in Canada is not as good as here in the UK, but applying for canadian immigration at this points looks like a wise decision to me.

Any comments or help will be greatly appreciated.
UK ILR and canadian immigration application are 2 separate issues. Why would the canadian immigration application would affect your UK ILR application?