ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bringing my mother over to the UK...

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Alpaulo
Newly Registered

Bringing my mother over to the UK...

Post by Alpaulo » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:05 pm

Hey guys,

My first post here, need a little advice, if you'd be so kind.
Firstly, I'm an EU passport holder as well as a South African citizen, who currently lives and works here in the UK on my EU passport.

Now my problem is, my mother and father have split for quite a while, and in my mother's case, my father will not support my mother, so the best thing to do would be to bring my mother over to start working and start to support herself in the UK, which with the salaries over in SA, is near impossible, having to look after my yuonger sister.

The main problem is, my parents both lived and work before in the UK, where my mother previously was over here on a schengen visa on my fathers EU passport apparantly.

What I want to know is, is it at all possible to bring my mother over with my EU Passport (Portuguese) or is there another way to go about it?

Thanks
Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:42 pm

As the UK is not a Schengen country doubt very much if she was here on that type of visa.

You can bring Mummy over as an EEA national exercising their treaty rights in the UK using an EEA family permit, your younger sister as well!!

Yet more ZAF's to join the party.....

Alpaulo
Newly Registered

Post by Alpaulo » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:37 am

Thanks for the reply.

Great stuff, thanks for the info, I'm not familiar with the system.
How would I go about doing that?
My sister has an EU passport, its just my mom being South African born, hasn't got the Portuguese for some odd reason.

Sorry, wouldn't know where to start.

Thanks

genioglossus
Newly Registered

Post by genioglossus » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:53 am

Frontier Mole wrote:As the UK is not a Schengen country doubt very much if she was here on that type of visa.

You can bring Mummy over as an EEA national exercising their treaty rights in the UK using an EEA family permit, your younger sister as well!!

Yet more ZAF's to join the party.....
I DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT DOES HE MEAN BY ZAF'S to join the party(if some one did ,please let me know)

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:56 am

Do you know what ZAF means?
Obviously not!

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:20 am

Alpaulo wrote:Thanks for the reply.

Great stuff, thanks for the info, I'm not familiar with the system.
How would I go about doing that?
My sister has an EU passport, its just my mom being South African born, hasn't got the Portuguese for some odd reason.

Sorry, wouldn't know where to start.

Thanks
Your mother should apply for an EEA Family Permit from the British High Commission in South Africa, as the family member of an EEA national who is exercising Treaty rights in the UK (you). Once in the UK, your mother should apply using form EEA2 for a Residence Card.

Your sister, holding an EU passport, can just come. How old is your sister?