ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Expired

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Messiah
Newly Registered
South Africa

Passport Expired

Post by Messiah » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:36 am

Hi,

Quick question: I am applying for British citizenship, my foreign passport expires on late April 2024, I have my ILR in date and my appointment for biometrics is the first week of May 2024. Do I need to provide any further details if my passport is expired by a couple of days?

Bear in mind, my application has been submitted and paid for. So, in that time if my passport expires due to only being able to get an appointment in May, this should not affect my application right?

Thanks in advance:)

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: Passport Expired

Post by contorted_svy » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:51 am

Should be fine, just explain in a cover letter and bring your BRP and passport to the ukvcas appointment.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Messiah
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Messiah » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:47 am

Omg, You suppose to write a cover letter? 😅

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:12 am

It's not compulsory, just advised in case you have particular circumstances to explain.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Messiah
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Messiah » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:48 pm

Okay will do! Thank you for your help :)