ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

applying for a settlement visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

loi
Newly Registered

applying for a settlement visa

Post by loi » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:10 pm

i need your help people- i need to apply for a settlement visa or whatever it is called for my brothers son who is in zimbabwe to come as my dependent. l have british citizenship and he is 16. how do i go about it. any ideas the info on the websites l have checked is pretty vague .

help

thank you in advance
:?:

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:37 pm

14.21 - The DNA scheme wrote:One or other of the "parents" is a relative
If one of the alleged parents is found to be a second degree relative such as an aunt or uncle and the child has been brought up as a member of the family unit, the ECO should review whether there are serious and compelling family or other reasons for considering the child's application under Paragraph 297(i)(f) of the Rules.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:05 am

To be blunt you are not going to be able to bring him over as a dependent.
You have not brought him up as your own son so to speak, I assume he has family in ZIM, so there is no chance of bringing him over.
Best way is to go down the student route.

genioglossus
Newly Registered

Post by genioglossus » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:03 am

Frontier Mole wrote:To be blunt you are not going to be able to bring him over as a dependent.
You have not brought him up as your own son so to speak, I assume he has family in ZIM, so there is no chance of bringing him over.
Best way is to go down the student route.

if you cant help some one ,at least dont give them wrong advise,why are you telling him about student route?waow.route.being on immigration board and you are telling people to use wrong routes.you are really disappointing frontier mole.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:12 am

I think you need to understand immigration law, policy and case law. It is plainly evident you do not and more than likely do not have the capacity to do so either.

The student route is a better bet than the proposed route as a dependent. The son of his brother can not be a dependent! So to get the person out of ZIM use the student route.

genioglossus
You really are a brainless idiot!

Worked out what ZAF is yet?

Post by 4444 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:48 am

Frontier Mole wrote:I think you need to understand immigration law, policy and case law. It is plainly evident you do not and more than likely do not have the capacity to do so either.

The student route is a better bet than the proposed route as a dependent. The son of his brother can not be a dependent! So to get the person out of ZIM use the student route.

genioglossus
You really are a brainless idiot!

Worked out what ZAF is yet?

i agree with you Frontier Mole but the OPs post seems strange . its kind of weird that he says he is now a British Citizen and yet in August he was refused ILR under legacy with no right of appeal and he needed help from the forum. i just dont like people who lie if they need help. have a look at this Frontier Mole and judge it for yourself

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#192774

loi
Newly Registered

Post by loi » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:24 pm

l am using my sister's profile and she just asked me to check the site out. all l am looking for is help and advice not friendship and all that. if you hane nothing productive to say dont say anything at all and stop calling people liars. what would l gain from lying here. and what business is it of yours who's asking for advice. FYI quite a few people use the same profile in this household

Post by 4444 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:42 pm

loi wrote:l am using my sister's profile and she just asked me to check the site out. all l am looking for is help and advice not friendship and all that. if you hane nothing productive to say dont say anything at all and stop calling people liars. what would l gain from lying here. and what business is it of yours who's asking for advice. FYI quite a few people use the same profile in this household

well who will like to be friends a liar . i cant see any reason why you cant have your own profile, finding excuses hey :roll: . well who bloody cares how many people use the same profile in your household. you should have said in the beginning that you are using your sister,s profile and that would not have been a problem but what you did not know is that people can go back and see your previous post :lol:

hamid84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by hamid84 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:45 pm

hay hay hay 4444, you are in action wowwwwwwwww chill

OP, do what frontier mole suggested ( safe n secure way )

Post by 4444 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:05 am

hamid84 wrote:hay hay hay 4444, you are in action wowwwwwwwww chill

OP, do what frontier mole suggested ( safe n secure way )

:lol: :lol: :lol:

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:43 pm

loi wrote:l am using my sister's profile and she just asked me to check the site out. all l am looking for is help and advice not friendship and all that. if you hane nothing productive to say dont say anything at all and stop calling people liars. what would l gain from lying here. and what business is it of yours who's asking for advice. FYI quite a few people use the same profile in this household
sounds like overcrowded accommodation to me

Post by 4444 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:28 pm

republique wrote:

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:46 am

4444 wrote:
republique wrote:
like the whole family using one bank account, lol or friends sharing a driving license, hehe

Post by 4444 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:16 am

mrlookforward wrote:
4444 wrote:
republique wrote:
like the whole family using one bank account, lol or friends sharing a driving license, hehe
now that is funny :lol: :lol: :lol: