ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

a pakistani married with a latvian girl

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:59 pm

knapps wrote:Im warsaw you r nothing but a blemish on us pakistani..this is the first time im posting my comments here and im disgusted by your comments. you are prejudgemental and very arrogant. so, get a life and leave other alone ...what the hell you are doing in poland anyway..u asking him how the hell he ended up in latvia i put the same question how the hell you ended up in poland....dont ignore that polish girls are far from the point of staying in love with some ugly pakistani like you....u paid her too so u think that we all are same sham on you mate!! now prove all of us wrong
Quite out of order. This forum is for discussing immigration problems, not people's mindsets when they make decisions. Whatever anyone has done, is their own business. I would request the moderators to keep a closer eye on wayward posts, and for the members to stick to the topic of discussion in the heart of the concept of this forum.
Skeptic

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:14 pm

removed
Last edited by Pakhtoon on Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:33 pm

Another excellent post, inwarsaw. Thank you. :)

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:49 pm

inwarsaw wrote:This is actually too 'amazing' to comment on :D Without getting personal because that would take this topic somewhere else, If you read my post a bit carefully you will see that I am a Pakistani myself and for the past few years that I have lived here in europe, the thing that I have wished for the most is to read/hear a good opinion about Pakistan and its people but this is unfortunately very rare. Have you ever thought why ? I will again not go into details because thats not the topic today but I would love to mention here that one of the big reasons for the bad reputation of our country, especially here in Poland ( and Lituania and Czech Republic as well because I have been there myself ) are those mean and selfish Pakistanis who get into frauds like this.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I am never into generalising especially when I talk about my own people but it upsets me to see that people in europe already dislike ( if not hate ) us because of Islamophobia ( and whose fault is that ? ) plus some idiotic things connected to our culture, and such guys actually add to it instead of doing whatever they can to improve our image. I am not blaming all Pakistanis, afterall I am one of them but I can't sit silent when I see so many of them being mean and selfish like hell and not giving a damn to the effect it has on the lives of others and the reputation of our country, be it the phsycopaths ready to blow themselves up, those hell bent nut-cases talking about the sh** called jihad and holy war or those ugly morons using innocent girls so they can keep their asses in europe ! I face embarassment so often, be it at the airports getting interrogated, during any discussion about culture and religion with friends or at work or in-laws or coming accross new people. All because of who ?

I am not going to lengthen this post because RiFF is already getting irritated but my point is simple. If I see someone saying 'I am a pakistani married to a latvian girl, how can I get UK passport?' there is no way I will have an impression of this being a genuine relationship.

As for your question, I have already mentioned how and why did I end up in Poland and yes, Polish girls don't fall in love with Pakistanis and I love this fact. This is what I advise to each and every girl I come accross in here, STAY AWAY from pakistanis !

and by the way, my wife is a lawyer earning six times more than I do, so she doesn't need my money.

If you are getting disgusted, that means you need to re-think.

Apologies to everyone for hijacking this topic and to bring it back, my answer to ghazanfar is....a big NO...you CAN'T move to UK and you CAN'T have a UK passport. Anything else ?
count me in your team inwarsaw. I am a Pakistani myself, and I am totally in agreement with you.
Skeptic

MouseyOne
Newly Registered

Post by MouseyOne » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:45 pm

How can anyone judge someone from an online forum? You sound very bitter. Get over it, you're happily married in Poland now as you say. So what's your beef. Have you got proof that this is a marriage of convinience? Maybe just like you he didn't want to marry someone he'd never seen. And what's so bad about wanting to move to England?

If you don't believe his story then don't give him advice, there are so many posts you could respond to and actually HELP others which is what I thought this forum was about.

Who are you to judge people and make assumptions like that? He's not here to be tried or judged by anyone - you don't like the story ,move on to the next one.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:44 am

The trouble is the very fact that so many individuals of a particular country use the marriage route to gain entry and the lovely UK passport that they seek. It is a daily occurrence in the courts to see their cases deservedly thrown out. I have seen and dealt with the pressure put on UK sons and daughters to marry those "back home" by senior family members and parents. I have been passed secret notes from the unwilling UK spouse begging me to tell the judge not to allow the appeal. They have to go along with the appeal despite not wanting to be married to the partner as they fear their own families!

There are many instances where it is obvious the deal struck by the parents is based on money and assets and certainly not through any concern for the well being or any form love of the UK citizen. It is quite sickening.

It is not without good cause that the age for a spouse visa has been raised to 21.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:24 am

Related to this thread a discussion over in the Ireland subforum.

MouseyOne
Newly Registered

Post by MouseyOne » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:59 pm

Frontier - Fair enough. I know so many girls of certain nationalities who would drop their careers / studies just like that due to pressure of marriage to someone they are forced to etc. But to slay someone on a forum just because you suspect something, I think it's way out of line. Not everyone is in the same situation and I think people should all be treated with respect regardless.

By the way a UK passport is not the only passport in the world. So many people get married through online relationships to americans and other europeans. And sometimes it works both ways, how many English men leave this country in search of thai brides, russian and all sorts. They know these women want a better life and to be supported etc, yet they still use them - sometimes it works both ways. And anyway this forum is for helping people.

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:58 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:I have been passed secret notes from the unwilling UK spouse begging me to tell the judge not to allow the appeal. They have to go along with the appeal despite not wanting to be married to the partner as they fear their own families!
There are many instances where it is obvious the deal struck by the parents is based on money and assets
Are you saying that the Dad/family members put pressure on their sons/daughters because they covet 'money and assets' of relatives 'back home? I think there's more to the issue than 'money and assets'.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:25 pm

It is not without good cause that the age for a spouse visa has been raised to 21.
Sorry but this is nothing more than a facade to control immigrants from certain countries and nothing to do with the small and minimal amount of so called forced marriage.

I wonder whether they would bring these restriction on forced marriages within the UK, which is more common here than those getting married abroad.

For once I am sorry to say that I dont agree with Frontier Mole comments on this subject.I think some of his comments and thoughts are ill judged.

Please remember that parents have some say in their kids marriage, and is not just the childs decision.Every parents want good things including marriage for their children

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:39 pm

archigabe wrote:
Frontier Mole wrote:I have been passed secret notes from the unwilling UK spouse begging me to tell the judge not to allow the appeal. They have to go along with the appeal despite not wanting to be married to the partner as they fear their own families!
There are many instances where it is obvious the deal struck by the parents is based on money and assets
Are you saying that the Dad/family members put pressure on their sons/daughters because they covet 'money and assets' of relatives 'back home? I think there's more to the issue than 'money and assets'.
More along the line of "back home" pays UK side to take spouse to UK. Nothing about covet, just straight payment for the "immigration service"

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:28 pm

batleykhan wrote:
Sorry but this is nothing more than a facade to control immigrants from certain countries and nothing to do with the small and minimal amount of so called forced marriage.

I wonder whether they would bring these restriction on forced marriages within the UK, which is more common here than those getting married abroad.

For once I am sorry to say that I dont agree with Frontier Mole comments on this subject.I think some of his comments and thoughts are ill judged.

Please remember that parents have some say in their kids marriage, and is not just the childs decision.Every parents want good things including marriage for their children
My comments are based on the reality of dealing with the cases in court, the forced marriage unit and the domestic violence claims. It is not a perception or my personal thoughts it is unfortunately what happens in the UK. Some of my own staff were victims of this type of behaviour and I have met too many others to believe it is a minimal or isolated problem.
I am sorry if you do not share my views but that is maybe because you see and deal with the general population of that culture, while I only see a particular slice of the same population. I am certainly not anti PAK but there is a distinct pattern to PAK cases that differs to other Asian countries. I can only say what I see and deal with, it is not aimed at being critical for the sake of it.
As for Brits seeking third world brides abroad, yes I agree it is in the same ball park however it is not an endemic part of the Brit culture. The difference might only be in terms of how the partnering is achieved but that is a long way from my Dad choosing who I marry!
I think it will be hard for the PAK culture to distance itself from the perception that many countries have about the PAK approach to marriage. My statements maybe a generalisation I agree, but none the less there is objective evidence to support the contention when so many PAK males seek out Eastern European EEA spouses in the immediate aftermath of those counties joining the EEA. You can not tell me there is no correlation between EEA citizenship and incredible increase in PAK to EEA marriages in those countries.

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:52 pm

I concur Frontier Mole.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:03 pm

UKBAbble wrote:I concur Frontier Mole.
Me too, incredibly dearly beloved it might seem but certain no former Eastern Bloc girl I'm aquainted with would go near an Indian or Pakistani, or indeed Bangladeshi or Chinese, they've been sheltered too long to appreciate diversity, they need time.

Even those from 'Kavkas' ie Causus ie slightly brown are viewed as well dodgy...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:06 am

Wanderer wrote:
UKBAbble wrote:I concur Frontier Mole.
Me too, incredibly dearly beloved it might seem but certain no former Eastern Bloc girl I'm aquainted with would go near an Indian or Pakistani, or indeed Bangladeshi or Chinese, they've been sheltered too long to appreciate diversity, they need time.

Even those from 'Kavkas' ie Causus ie slightly brown are viewed as well dodgy...
Agreed, but there are quite a few Eastern Bloc girls who have a price to marry and get the guy an immigration. According to the Independent, its quite a thriving business. Its not that I am blaming wither Pakis or the girls or anyone, its a sad situation in general, but in matters of the heart, one cannot prove or disprove one way or the other
Skeptic

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:49 pm

removed
Last edited by Pakhtoon on Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:58 pm

What you wrote seems to have much in common with this story that I read recently on Dutch Moroccans on the Radio Netherlands website.

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:59 pm

inwarsaw wrote: This will hopefully change though because those Pakistanis who are British-born are more british than their parents. Some would even be offended if you call them Pakistanis !
To be very frank, my wife is one of them :)

And, I dont blame her. First of all, she really is not Pakistani, she is British. Secondly, we havent been doing much good on international scale. I remain a skeptic as to what good Pakistanis, can be to themselves and to others.
Skeptic

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:33 pm

inwarsaw absolutely spot on !

you have painted the picture 100% correct exactly as it is.

Just reading this thread backwards and some exciting posts (to say the
least )

I am also in the Pakistani married to polish (crew)

I think majority of people who get married to polish girls for nationality are uneducated Pakistanis with no future.

I have read half of this thread as there is a lot to digest from inwarsaw's
posts.I am really happy for you inwarsaw good to read that there is some honest Pakistani in Poland before I set my foot there :) .

My story is similar to yours.....
In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

genioglossus
Newly Registered

Post by genioglossus » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:13 am

I am from Pakistan myself, married to a Polish girl and living here in Poland and I am sick to death of stories like yours because I see so many !! so many Pakistanis, indians and africans doing the same sh** all over again !! I don't like writing long posts but guys like you make me sick !! and I face so much embarassment because of dumb asses like yourself ! You ruin an innocent girl's life, you ruin reputation of your country and people and you make things difficult for genuine cases all because you want to have a british pasport !!! I wish I could use the language that I want to use now and I wish I was the admin of this site, I would have never let any ******* like you write a word on this forum !![/quote]

For this guy in warsaw,there is a joke about pakistanis,in hell God had put angels on every burning hole specified for each nation of this world,but there was no agel on pakistani nation,a newbie in hell asked God why there was no angel there,he was replied they pull eachother legs ,so need to keep angle on top of them.
People like him start judging everyone with their dirty minds,they spit on everyone but dont look on their own faces which are full of muck.shame on you,being a pakistani,you are a disgrace to all pakistanis.

genioglossus
Newly Registered

another question for inwarsaw

Post by genioglossus » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:23 am

you have mentioned in your message,you met your future wife in pakistan,will you please tell me where about you met your wife in pakistan,as i dont know any polish girl coming to pakistan for any reason.you are just making up a story and trying to keep this story interesting. :D

shandave2001

How do we know if he is really from Pakistan?

Post by shandave2001 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:10 am

inwarsaw

1: Why don’t u go to Pakistan and live there if u r so concern about the
reputation of ur country???
2: r u a good person for the reputation of ur country?
3: A polish girl in Pakistan? ur backward family? (By the way u r one
person).
4: She is successful lawyer and she needs to marry person like u? From
ur above posts, u seems arrogant, aggressive and intolerant and one
who may hit the opponent if argued face to face.
5: U claim u haven't married for immigration reason and it is true love,
however, what u doing in this forum which concern UK immigration
matters? ghaznafr's case oiginal or false, at least unlike u he didn't hid
his true motive.
6: How do we know if u r from Pakistan?
7: Reputation is not compromised because of people trying to immigrate to western countries, it is compromised because of illiteracy, poverty, backwardness (like ur family), wars or huge defence expenditures.

I don't know ur qualification/general knowledge level but ur writing
states ur personality:

What u said in above posts is Libel, if u and ghazanfer (who asked the question) were over here, ghazanfer can sue u for libel (obviously u wouldn't know what I m talking about).

8: Have u read anything about COLONIALISM at all? R u aware what
happened during colonialism in Indian-subcontinent? Do u know who
were the immigrants then? Were those immigrants (Colonialists)
granted visas from the then Indian sub-continent authorities to
colonise them? Didn't colonialism left them in mess that they still suffer
up to day (Kashmir dispute between Pakistan and India)?

9: R u aware some people overzealous over here to brandish one for immigration fraud, their forefathers were international criminals who plundered the world including India, Pakistan and Africa? If that hasn't happened u wouldn't have been in Poland today as an immigrant (regardless what fishy story u tell)? Would u live in Rwanda, Somalia or Afghanistan on residence permit if ur wife was from any of those countries? I mean if that is a true love as u states.

10: Get education and learn history and then u may understand what
causes immigrants to leave their countries? Or whether immigration
was always from India, Pakistan and Africa?
11: I know u r still going to write a long post, something attributable to ur
upbringing and peculiar personality (again this a one person, seems
have hard time in Poland) but this forum is not a war zone.

To ghazanfer

Regardless whether ur case is a genuine or false, do u need to answers the questions from people who u don’t even know are immigration expert or lawyers? Bear in mind they don’t have authorities to tell u what the ECO will say, they merely express their opinions.

shandave2001

Post by shandave2001 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:33 am

Some illiterate, unsuccessful, less intelligent with no future Pakistanis (if they r really from Pakistan) having tough life in Poland and scapegoating by blaming their county. Polish comes here to work, what a Pakistani would do in Poland? Of course, only if he was a FALIURE at home and western countries refused to accept him.

Above repeatedly has been said" I am Pakistani married to a Polish girl". What r u doing in this forum? I m intrigued u know this forum at first place while living in Poland and claiming true love with Polish girl.

Many people from Pakistan have proven their talent in the world, cricketers (like Imran Khan and many others), Musicians (like Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan), scientist like Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan (the founder of Atom Bomb) and noble prize winner Dr Abduslaam etc. All of them live in Pakistan. They didn't need to marry a Polish girl and to plead in this forum that they were true lover not immigration scam and blame Pakistan for their failure at home and therefore miserable life in Poland. Get a life.

shandave2001

Wanderer Wrote

Post by shandave2001 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:51 am

Wanderer wrote

"Me too, incredibly dearly beloved it might seem but certain no former Eastern Bloc girl I'm acquainted with would go near an Indian or Pakistani, or indeed Bangladeshi or Chinese, they've been sheltered too long to appreciate diversity, they need time.

Even those from 'Kavkas' ie Causus ie slightly brown are viewed as well dodgy..."

Wanderer, I don't know in which world u live. Imran khan, a Pakistani (cricketer), married to one of the most beautiful, young girl in Britain, I mean Jemima Khan. I don't know if Jemima would like to even sit with u for coffee. We don't have ur photo, so we don't know how handsome (if at all) u are.....)?

Elizabeth Hurley, one of the top model in Britain has married to an Indian business man Mr kaldeep Nayyar. These are just examples, otherwise list goes on.

Do I need to go to in details of Lady Dianna's love with a Pakistani heart Surgeon Dr Hasnaat? (he has moved back to Pakistan now)

In London, particularly in east, if one walk in street, he will find many examples of couples where one of them is eastern European and other from Indian sub-continent. I have a personal friend who is British Asian and married to a Polish girl, they have baby and happy. Neither of them has any problem with immigration as one EEA national and another British passport holder.

Wanderer, is it enviousness/jealousy, or it is just ur personal relationship disaster that u concluded no Eastern European women will establish relationship with Asians.

People reading posts in this forum, bear in mind, an immigration advisor doesn't have to be a lawyer, so possibly one could be school leaver and an immigration advisor. Many of them pass Level 2 of OISC and become immigration advisors.

For example, Wanderer has said in other forum that he is not a lawyer, however, that is not all, he neither seems expert in immigration law nor any knowledgeable/educated person, I wonder what he is doing in this forum? Is it immigration law that anyone comment and advise without any ability? One would dare to do this in criminal/family law?

I think it is time to put a restriction that only qualified solicitors and barristers could practice immigration law; similarly as for criminal law a qualified solicitor or barrister is required. I am saying this because look at the above posts, which sort of people have become immigration advisors. At least a qualified solicitor or barrister would be graduate, have further training by completing LPC/BVC and then pupillage/training contract and then admission to legal profession by competing and on merit by knowing code of conduct.

Wanderer also gave her conclusion that ghaznafer's case was false because baltic states like Latvia have beloved, so a man from Indian sub-continent cannot live in Latvia. She wrote: “A Pakistani living in Latvia - Asians are few and far between in this former Soviet Republic not really known for it's facial tolerance. How did that happen?â€

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Wanderer Wrote

Post by Wanderer » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:27 pm

[quote="shandave2001"]Wanderer wrote

"Me too, incredibly dearly beloved it might seem but certain no former Eastern Bloc girl I'm acquainted with would go near an Indian or Pakistani, or indeed Bangladeshi or Chinese, they've been sheltered too long to appreciate diversity, they need time.

Even those from 'Kavkas' ie Causus ie slightly brown are viewed as well dodgy..."

Wanderer, I don't know in which world u live. Imran khan, a Pakistani (cricketer), married to one of the most beautiful, young girl in Britain, I mean Jemima Khan. I don't know if Jemima would like to even sit with u for coffee. We don't have ur photo, so we don't know how handsome (if at all) u are.....)?

Elizabeth Hurley, one of the top model in Britain has married to an Indian business man Mr kaldeep Nayyar. These are just examples, otherwise list goes on.

Do I need to go to in details of Lady Dianna's love with a Pakistani heart Surgeon Dr Hasnaat? (he has moved back to Pakistan now)

In London, particularly in east, if one walk in street, he will find many examples of couples where one of them is eastern European and other from Indian sub-continent. I have a personal friend who is British Asian and married to a Polish girl, they have baby and happy. Neither of them has any problem with immigration as one EEA national and another British passport holder.

Wanderer, is it enviousness/jealousy, or it is just ur personal relationship disaster that u concluded no Eastern European women will establish relationship with Asians.

People reading posts in this forum, bear in mind, an immigration advisor doesn't have to be a lawyer, so possibly one could be school leaver and an immigration advisor. Many of them pass Level 2 of OISC and become immigration advisors.

For example, Wanderer has said in other forum that he is not a lawyer, however, that is not all, he neither seems expert in immigration law nor any knowledgeable/educated person, I wonder what he is doing in this forum? Is it immigration law that anyone comment and advise without any ability? One would dare to do this in criminal/family law?

I think it is time to put a restriction that only qualified solicitors and barristers could practice immigration law; similarly as for criminal law a qualified solicitor or barrister is required. I am saying this because look at the above posts, which sort of people have become immigration advisors. At least a qualified solicitor or barrister would be graduate, have further training by completing LPC/BVC and then pupillage/training contract and then admission to legal profession by competing and on merit by knowing code of conduct.

Wanderer also gave her conclusion that ghaznafer's case was false because baltic states like Latvia have beloved, so a man from Indian sub-continent cannot live in Latvia. She wrote: “A Pakistani living in Latvia - Asians are few and far between in this former Soviet Republic not really known for it's facial tolerance. How did that happen?â€
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....